Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the current picks for citizen-available barrier blind 9mm?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

What's the current picks for citizen-available barrier blind 9mm?

Hornady Critical Duty?
    Remington Golden Saber Bonded?
    Federal Hydrashok Deep?

Something else?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I carry Ranger T 147. Performs well in every test I can find. Says “Ranger” right on the box.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Federal HST or Gold Dot. You can get either in the 50 round LE boxes on the open market. They are also available in there 20-25 round retail boxes, usually at a higher cost per round. Hornady Critical Duty 135+P seems to be coming on strong as well.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Federal HST or Speer G2.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd say 124gr Nato would do the trick. Penetrates deeper than a mueller investigation.

Honestly the older I get the more I dont believe in hollow point ammunition.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I'd say 124gr Nato would do the trick. Penetrates deeper than a mueller investigation.

Honestly the older I get the more I dont believe in hollow point ammunition.
    This is absurd. 2019 defensive ammunition is far better than +p FMJ.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    This is absurd. 2019 defensive ammunition is far better than +p FMJ.
    I wouldnt say 1/5 of an inch in expansion is a 'mind blowing difference in terminal performance'. Pistols poke holes no matter what. Rifles **** shit up.

Obvisouly this is just an opinion. I do carry gold dot but I wouldnt hesitate for a second to carry ball.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I wouldnt say 1/5 of an inch in expansion is a 'mind blowing difference in terminal performance'. Pistols poke holes no matter what.
    FWIW, Ranger T 147 more than doubles in diameter for Lucky Gunner Labs.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I think that the choices listed are all good. I have tried the Hornady Critical Duty 135-grain +P round recently, and it grouped very accurately in my Glocks and Beretta's. It was recently adopted by the Effa Bee Eye as their new duty load. The Bureau has also started reaching out to some very respected outside folks to do a bunch of teaching at Quantico, for what that is worth.

Honestly, I stock up on the Ranger T 147 grain, Speer Gold Dot 147 grain, or pretty much anything on Dr Gary Roberts' approved list. I just look for a decent sale, and buy a case or two at a time.

I am a little partial to the Gold Dots, since I can stock up on the American Eagle 147's which shoot the same POA/POI in almost all my pistols.

And Chris and the rest of the folks at Lucky Gunner are good people, and should be trusted by all.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I carry 124 grain NATO Q4318 FMJ. Penetrates as good as anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast