Thread: Are Glock 19 internals "beefier" than Glock 48?

Feedback Score

Are Glock 19 internals "beefier" than Glock 48?

Was farting around in Bass Pro the other day and held a Glock 48 they had. It felt pretty good in the hand although it was definitely less grippy than the Glock 19's they had. After looking at the 48 up close, I know it uses the 43x recoil spring and frame. I know that the 43x/48 are meant for CC and the 48 as an option for new handgun buyers in ban states and Canada. However, I was curious if one would consider those models to be less "hard use/high round count" than the 19(or even 17 and 26) due to the internal differences?

A newb question I know. I am not a pistol guy so I am not sure if those minor differences even matter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by praythenspray View Post
    Was farting around in Bass Pro the other day and held a Glock 48 they had. It felt pretty good in the hand although it was definitely less grippy than the Glock 19's they had. After looking at the 48 up close, I know it uses the 43x recoil spring and frame. I know that the 43x/48 are meant for CC and the 48 as an option for new handgun buyers in ban states and Canada. However, I was curious if one would consider those models to be less "hard use/high round count" than the 19(or even 17 and 26) due to the internal differences?

A newb question I know. I am not a pistol guy so I am not sure if those minor differences even matter.
    Glock is Glock. There is no model with less or more quality than the next. Only difference between models is fit, size and caliber. All I can say is find one that feels best in your hands and for your intended purpose (ccw, range, home defense etc.). You can never go wrong with a Glock and its reliability is a standard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That’s the thing about Glocks. They are all built to run out of the box. There’s not entry level then duty Grade then premium model like some other mfg’s do.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would estimate before long we'll see somebody with 50,000 rnds through one (G43/G48) with no major issues.

We're working on our sample of one G43, close to 300 rnds. No malfunctions yet. Got a ways to go, ammo don't grow on trees!

Seems every bit as durable as any other Glock I've had to do with.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I really is a Glock world

I hope we see the G47 eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I hope we see the G47 eventually
    I’m not hip to that discussion. What would a G47 entail?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    I’m not hip to that discussion. What would a G47 entail?
    It is a glock 45 frame with a glock 17 length slide. It is the new duty pistol of US Border Patrol.

Functionally it is the same size as a glock 17 but has more parts compatibility with a glock 19(shares the same RSA). If purchased with a glock 19, it would allow an individual to swap around parts to configure 4 different pistols including the 17 slide 19 grip configuration that the internet likes to squawk about.

It is unclear if Glock is planning on selling them to the general public. I have no interest in a 17, but i would buy a 47. Honestly the 47 is what the gen 5 17 should have been considering that they already adopted the glock 19 locking block geometry across the board anyway. That would have allowed them to streamline some parts between pistols.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 06-03-19 at 00:12.