Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Machining TM-10.2 Receivers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Tactical Machining TM-10.2 Receivers

I've built a couple of AR15's using Tactical Machining's TM-15 lower and upper receiver sets. They're now offering their TM-10.2 receiver sets for $129+shipping.
    https://www.tacticalmachining.com/up...0-2-combo.html

Has anyone built on these? Any issues? What's the "10.2" thing about?

Feedback Score
    Since there were a good number of thread views without a reply, I decided to just go ahead and order a receiver set. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Since there were a good number of thread views without a reply, I decided to just go ahead and order a receiver set. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.
    Thanks. I hadn’t heard of them, but I’m interested in their 80% 10.2.

As far as what the “10.2” is about, I believe this is their 2nd iteration of an “AR-10”. I think their first one was the rounded DPMS pattern.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any update on these? I’m looking at getting the combo set as well.

Feedback Score
    Yes, sorry about the delay. I have not had a chance to build it yet, but I can comment on the cosmetics. The machining looks excellent. I think the fit will be good, but there may be an ever so slight gap between the receivers in the area where the mating surface changes from horizontal to vertical. I won't know for sure until I install the receiver pins. The finish of the two receivers is close but not exact. The upper has a bit more of a purple color, but it's probably not noticeable to most people.

Feedback Score
    Hey Bret,
    Thanks for the LINK and posting the question about these, I have never heard of them. I have to say, for the Price of the Set, with them being made, from 7075-T6 and the machining mating area with 45deg. angles that they cut into them. This is Much Better then some of the other companies that do AR10s with the rounded version. Plus they supply these with tensioning screw(s), just Incredible!
    I see the contact # is Fla., I wonder if they are made there, IF So, the price is even More Unbelievable!

I'll be trying some of these 80%ers, I wish they made the AR9 Lowers.

Yes, sorry about the delay. I have not had a chance to build it yet, but I can comment on the cosmetics. The machining looks excellent. I think the fit will be good, but there may be an ever so slight gap between the receivers in the area where the mating surface changes from horizontal to vertical. I won't know for sure until I install the receiver pins. The finish of the two receivers is close but not exact. The upper has a bit more of a purple color, but it's probably not noticeable to most people.
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    No problem. I like to share my discoveries. I'm almost 100% sure they're made in Florida. I purchased several of their 5.56x45 lowers and uppers in the past.

Feedback Score
    Yes Sir, 100% Made in the USA, they started their business in 2008.

Tactical Machining

About Tactical Machining

Tactical Machining was formed in 2008 to craft high quality parts for the AR-15 platform. Since then we’ve expanded our product line to include products for the home gun smith and the TM-10 platform. We are a full service machine shop. Tactical Machining is proud to say our products are American made in Deland, Florida using the highest quality materials available and held to tight tolerances.

No problem. I like to share my discoveries. I'm almost 100% sure they're made in Florida. I purchased several of their 5.56x45 lowers and uppers in the past.
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for replying. I’m trying to decide between an aero m5 set, this, or something much more expensive. For $130, this seems pretty hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    Any update on the build? I’ve been eyeing them as well....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast