Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Machining TM-10.2 Receivers

Feedback Score
    Hey Bret,
    Thanks for the LINK and posting the question about these, I have never heard of them. I have to say, for the Price of the Set, with them being made, from 7075-T6 and the machining mating area with 45deg. angles that they cut into them. This is Much Better then some of the other companies that do AR10s with the rounded version. Plus they supply these with tensioning screw(s), just Incredible!
    I see the contact # is Fla., I wonder if they are made there, IF So, the price is even More Unbelievable!

I'll be trying some of these 80%ers, I wish they made the AR9 Lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Yes, sorry about the delay. I have not had a chance to build it yet, but I can comment on the cosmetics. The machining looks excellent. I think the fit will be good, but there may be an ever so slight gap between the receivers in the area where the mating surface changes from horizontal to vertical. I won't know for sure until I install the receiver pins. The finish of the two receivers is close but not exact. The upper has a bit more of a purple color, but it's probably not noticeable to most people.
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    No problem. I like to share my discoveries. I'm almost 100% sure they're made in Florida. I purchased several of their 5.56x45 lowers and uppers in the past.

Feedback Score
    Their website says SR-25 compatible. Well they aren’t mws compatible.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Yes Sir, 100% Made in the USA, they started their business in 2008.

Tactical Machining

About Tactical Machining

Tactical Machining was formed in 2008 to craft high quality parts for the AR-15 platform. Since then we’ve expanded our product line to include products for the home gun smith and the TM-10 platform. We are a full service machine shop. Tactical Machining is proud to say our products are American made in Deland, Florida using the highest quality materials available and held to tight tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    No problem. I like to share my discoveries. I'm almost 100% sure they're made in Florida. I purchased several of their 5.56x45 lowers and uppers in the past.

Feedback Score
    Hey Jsp., what is "mws" please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Their website says SR-25 compatible. Well they aren’t mws compatible.

Feedback Score
    8163D7CF-0F0C-4A39-B31B-A998ED36610F.jpgLMT MWS.

They need to disclose the proprietary pin size and verify compatability. I can verify that the upper does not pin on a MWS Lower.

TM verified via email that they take proprietary pivot and take down pins. They sell the pins on their site. I picked a couple of these up but may sell them and go another route.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 08-09-19 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    Hey Jsp., what is "mws" please?
    On LMTs (Lewis Machine & Tool) website they define MWS as a "Modular Weapon System" and also a "Monolithic Weapon System". In their FAQ section they provide clarification:

MRP: Monolithic Rail Platform – The MRP is one of our most popular patented designs that changed the nature of the AR platform. The MRP is a one piece upper receiver and handguard forend that allows for quick changing of our proprietary barrels. We now utilize this receiver system on the majority of our rifles and carbines. The MRP is available in two lengths on the 5.56 base platform and one on the 7.62 base platform. Also we offer our patented upper in 3 variations of rail, quad rail, LM8 and MLOK.

MWS: Modular Weapon System – The Modular Weapon system is the acronym given to our 7.62 base platform. Released in 2009, the MWS came chambered in 7.62 Nato and 5 other calibers including 6.5 Creedmoor. The most recent development of the MWS was the addition to the MARS family in with the MARS-H series of rifles. The MWS is now utilized across the world in countries like the UK as the L129A1 DMR rifle and New Zealand.

MARS: Modular Ambidextrous Rifle System – The MARS rifle started its life with our contract with the New Zealand Defence Force. The MARS-L (L for Light) features an ambidextrous bolt catch and mag release. The safety on the MARS is also ambi. This contract requirement became a staple for LMT and now we offer it across our product lines to include the MARS-H (H for Heavy) platforms on our MWS. The MARS lower configuration is so natural to operate, it will make you wonder if that was the way the creators of the AR weapon system intended it to be.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    8163D7CF-0F0C-4A39-B31B-A998ED36610F.jpgLMT MWS.

They need to disclose the proprietary pin size and verify comparability. I can verify that the upper does not pin on a MWS Lower.

TM verified via email that they take proprietary pivot and take down pins. They sell the pins on their site. I picked a couple of these up but may sell them and go another route.
    This is pretty frustrating. I just got my receiver last week and hadn't really looked at it much yet. But, yup, the pins don't fit. My calipers show that their pin holes are .278"-.279" or so and the LMT pins are .280".

EDIT: Actually, maybe I’ll just see how loose Armalite pins are in this setup. Also, it would be nice of TM to mention the pin size, but it’s not on them that the pins don’t fit with LMT. They say their lower works with Armalite uppers. Everything I read said that Armalite receivers were compatible with LMT/KAC and that Armalite even tested their AR10B lowers with KAC uppers way back when. Never saw it mentioned that the pin sizes were different.

I did have a slight issue with Tactical Machining. After nearly 4 weeks without a word about shipping information, I asked them for a status update since the product was listed as in stock. I very quickly received an automated notification with a tracking number, but they didn't actually respond to me. It was a pretty cold transaction. Now, the lower receiver itself seems pretty good, aside from the pin size issue which isn’t their fault.
    Last edited by PappyM3; 08-27-19 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    These are essentially Diamondback DB-10 receiver sets. From what I’ve gathered, AR10 pins will work. Use Armalite AR10-A LPK. DPMS High rail height and DPMS threads. It saves roughly $125 vs building from Aero M5 sets. They added the proprietary pin size to the lower description.

The ones I have are machined well, have decent upper to lower fit, shitty anodizing, and a few cosmetic blems. About what I expected out of $130 receiver sets. Lol
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 08-28-19 at 14:01. Reason: Punctuation

Feedback Score
    These receiver sets are now $99 + $7 for the proprietary pins or $39 for just the lower receiver.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast