Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X95 Left Hand conversion

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

X95 Left Hand conversion

Hey guys, I picked up a X95 for cheap and I want to get it converted to left handed. I know IWI does this but does anyone have other recommendations that may have a faster turnaround? Thanks
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Copper Custom. I bought mine from them and had them do the leftie bolt. Good guys.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself. It's pretty odd that IWI has a video showing the 9mm conversion from right to left hand, but not the 5.56x45 conversion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6cjX8rge3I&t=51s

IWI's website indicates that the barrel should be replaced at the same time the bolt is. I hope that's not true. Plus you need a special tool.
    https://iwi.us/product/tavor-x95-5-5...rrel-bolt-kit/

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    My understanding is that IWI wants the conversion done by them or, presumably, a competent gunsmith or IWI-certified armorer to ensure that headspace is correct.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    With the 9mmP left to right conversion you keep the same bolt and just swap thee tractor and ejector. 556 left to right is a new bolt, which might not headspace correctly with your existing barrel.

If you’re feeling lucky or have a field headspace gauge you can swap it yourself. Just follow the steps in the armorers manual or you can damage the charging rod and barrel latch

H

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Yeah I called them seeing if I could but they only would support sending it to them or approved armorer. So it’s on it’s way to iwi.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    My understanding is that IWI wants the conversion done by them or, presumably, a competent gunsmith or IWI-certified armorer to ensure that headspace is correct.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Did you get it back yet? I passed on some deals for RH X95s until I found one on a LH rifle. It is outstandingly reliable with my various .223 and 5.56 loads and more accurate than I am.
    I am curious to hear about your experience with IWI, and your impressions after shooting your newly converted X95.
    I'm not throwing away any of my ARs but am a huge fan of the X95.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Did you get it back yet? I passed on some deals for RH X95s until I found one on a LH rifle. It is outstandingly reliable with my various .223 and 5.56 loads and more accurate than I am.
    I am curious to hear about your experience with IWI, and your impressions after shooting your newly converted X95.
    I haven't been able to get LH Tavor bolts for about 2 months now. IWI says they don't know when they'll get some into the country.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Yes I got it back in about three weeks turnaround time. IWI was easy to deal with and I’d use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I paint spaceship parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Yes I got it back in about three weeks turnaround time. IWI was easy to deal with and I’d use them again.
    That is good to hear. Notwithstanding one bad experience, it seems more the rule than the exception, with me anyway, that major firearm manufacturers bend over backwards for their customers.

I hope to grab up a conventional pistol grip with a trigger guard soon, along with the ambi-safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast