Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Experiences with laser sights on a carry pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unfortunately, guys have done that.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    Banned
    Well... that escalated quickly.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Not all encounters have to end with shots fired, but I digress.

So my experience with lasers is a little different. Besides the bullshit of having a laser on a shotgun or carbine back in the 90's, the only recent experience I have is equipping my wife's EDC revolver with a CT laser grip. I don't think there is a downside, per se, but training with the laser is very interesting and, if fact, fun and exciting. First, I've done near point blank draw and fire drills and the laser was ridiculously effective to start firing as soon as the muzzle went on target (from the hip all the way to weak hand support). You really get a sense (a feel) of when the barrel is lined up that you won't get without a laser, and not without a lot of rounds down range. So, for a training aid, it works very well. You do have to be conscience about not relying on the fundamentals though; it's really easy to get caught up on looking for the dot rather than finding the sights and using good presentation technique. Still, it's fun and my wife certainly does not have the same skills under duress as I do, so any advantage for her is a plus.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Since you’ve clearly missed my point, Google the RLTW in my signature if you wish to be condescending to me on how to win a gunfight.
    It’s a leadership school, bruh.

Unless you’ve got a scroll, of course.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    It’s a leadership school, bruh.

Unless you’ve got a scroll, of course.
    Have Scroll and Tab.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Have Scroll and Tab.
    Straight flexing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nah, why banter.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-30-19 at 21:40.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Oh, yes.

Back in the 70's one of our larger agencies wouldn't allow speed loaders because the Chief thought they didn't look as nice as dump pouches on the duty belt.

The WML thing often has the logic that some officers would use the WML as a flashlight to do things like write citations or search cars. Unfortunately it is true that some officers aren't cerebral enough to have WML's. Easier to make a rule that disadvantages all than to go through the work of ferreting those folks out.
    I have an old dump pouch that was my dad's from when he first started. Straight Outta Mayberry - couldn't imagine having to reload from that if you actually needed to. Re: WMLs, all the reasons you gave, plus I wouldn't trust some guys I worked with to not shoot someone they lit out of reflex/surprise. Every instructor I had held a different "theory" on how you should hold a flashlight with gun at the ready.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234