Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They drilled to far on the pin and weld job.

Feedback Score

They drilled to far on the pin and weld job.

From the beginning... I purchased an ar15 from a very reputable company new in box from an online retailer, the action was terrible and felt like it had sand poured in it... Even after cleaning and lubing it vigorously. There were definitely some issues with burrs, machining, or something. I decided to contact said company and they actually told me that they wanted me to send it in, I asked if I could get an upgrade to a 14.5 barrel with a pinned comp on my dime and they were happy to do so. Over a month later I received the rifle back, action better, but still pretty bad. I went to clean the rifle and get ready for the range..... That is when I noticed that they drilled straight through my barrel when doing the pin and weld (straight through a land and slightly over either side of it). Again this is a very reputable company that sells high end rifles ($1,600+). I am not going to bash this company online, but I do want to hear peoples opinions. So, what do you guys think? Is this a safety issue, or just an accuracy issue? There does not seem to be anything protruding, but there should be a pin in there somewhere that could eventually pop loose. Obviously I will be contacting them Monday.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Stupid question....are you sure it's not the gas port you're seeing?

Feedback Score
    I wish it was, bud. It is at the 6 o'clock position and directly corresponds with the pin. It is a pretty big hole. I wish I knew how to post pictures.

20190524_215103.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup. Major screw up. Send it back.
    Last edited by georgeib; 05-25-19 at 06:36.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dang. Given that they ruined the barrel, I'd try to just get by money back at best, or get the upper completely replaced at worst.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    "from a very reputable company"

Come on, dish!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It may affect precision. Maybe not. The gas port of a Garand doesn't affect precision and it's near the muzzle.

Contact the company and let them address the problem.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    If they do not handle it like they should... I will definitely put the name out. They were great to deal with the first time around, but I am starting to get a little frustrated. My question is... Do you not thoroughly inspect the work you do?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Obviously not.

Zero excuse for such poor QC.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’d never buy a rifle from that company again. Idgaf who it was. That is bad.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast