Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: They drilled to far on the pin and weld job.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=MistWolf;2738295]You say "Thank you for taking care of this for me. I'll get the upper sent off as soon as I get the shipping label."

I got the chance to meet and talk to a few people in the industry and was surprised when a couple I met for the first time said "MistWolf from M4C. Yeah, I know who you are." They do pay attention to who posts what on the forums even if they don't post themselves.[/QUOTE

What I meant by that was that I wasn't sure whether or not to express just how pissed I was about the situation. In my opinion, there were two ways to go about it, essentially say what you said, or tell them how I really felt. I chose to not express how upset I was with the situation. I do agree with you, you never know who is lurking in the forums. I have nothing to hide, though. Even if I never buy another ar from this company... I will still be a customer for life. Also, the two guys I have dealt with through all this have been proffesional and never acted as if I were a bother to them. As for the original issue I had with the rifle, a lot of companies would have said ''go shoot it, if it doesn't work, then send it in''. They were more than happy for me to send the rifle in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak15 View Post
    What I meant by that was that I wasn't sure whether or not to express just how pissed I was about the situation. In my opinion, there were two ways to go about it, essentially say what you said, or tell them how I really felt. I chose to not express how upset I was with the situation. I do agree with you, you never know who is lurking in the forums. I have nothing to hide, though. Even if I never buy another ar from this company... I will still be a customer for life. Also, the two guys I have dealt with through all this have been proffesional and never acted as if I were a bother to them. As for the original issue I had with the rifle, a lot of companies would have said ''go shoot it, if it doesn't work, then send it in''. They were more than happy for me to send the rifle in.
    Nothing wrong with expressing your displeasure, but if you do, be forthright and professional.

Being aware that others are lurking and conducting oneself accordingly isn't about having something to hide. It's about not embarrassing oneself in public. Don't pick your nose and wipe it on the table at the company picnic

I want to add that I think you handled it well.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 05-26-19 at 20:12.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Any reputable company with any inkling of good customer service understandS you are pissed. There is nothing wrong with expressing your frustration but handling it in a firm, professional manner usually results in a better outcome. Think, “a spoon full of sugar goes down easier than a spoon full of salt” approach.

I personally would be satisfied with the new barrel replacement. My ask would have been free expedited shipping there and back and expedited work to get it done. Mistakes and lemons happen, and so long as a company makes it right, I’m still mindful they have a business to run.

The most extreme gun related screw up I’ve had was a doozy. An out of spec lower on a factory SBR. Not only did I have to wait for first NFA approval process for nearly a year, the only fix for the lower was to replace it. That meant another almost 10 months for the replacement. Was I pissed? Yep. Very frustrated too. They knew it but I wasn’t a dick and we worked through it together. They paid the extra $200 for the extra tax stamp. That was their olive branch. Actually, the customer service rep went so far and beyond on her own accord, I ended up buying and sending her and her husband a gift certificate at a local restaurant in her town as a thank you. Stuff happens and they stepped up as best they could. I won’t say the company but it is a two name company both starting with D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Nothing wrong with expressing your displeasure, but if you do, be forthright and professional.

Being aware that others are lurking and conducting oneself accordingly isn't about having something to hide. It's about not embarrassing oneself in public. Don't pick your nose and wipe it on the table at the company picnic

I want to add that I think you handled it well.
    I appreciate the kind words, bud. I also appreciate the advice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Any reputable company with any inkling of good customer service understandS you are pissed. There is nothing wrong with expressing your frustration but handling it in a firm, professional manner usually results in a better outcome. Think, “a spoon full of sugar goes down easier than a spoon full of salt” approach.

I personally would be satisfied with the new barrel replacement. My ask would have been free expedited shipping there and back and expedited work to get it done. Mistakes and lemons happen, and so long as a company makes it right, I’m still mindful they have a business to run.

The most extreme gun related screw up I’ve had was a doozy. An out of spec lower on a factory SBR. Not only did I have to wait for first NFA approval process for nearly a year, the only fix for the lower was to replace it. That meant another almost 10 months for the replacement. Was I pissed? Yep. Very frustrated too. They knew it but I wasn’t a dick and we worked through it together. They paid the extra $200 for the extra tax stamp. That was their olive branch. Actually, the customer service rep went so far and beyond on her own accord, I ended up buying and sending her and her husband a gift certificate at a local restaurant in her town as a thank you. Stuff happens and they stepped up as best they could. I won’t say the company but it is a two name company both starting with D.

Yeah, that is quite a bit more serious than my issue, you handled like a true champ. I will say that as far as features and overall design at its price point... I liked this ar better than my sr15 16'' (not knocking the kac at all). If all goes well when I get it back and put it through its paces... I will probably buy more firearms from them. I always strive to be a patient, understanding, and courteous man.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If they are a reputable company, I'm sure that they're as embarrassed as you are pissed and there's nothing you can say to them that will make them feel any worse, if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

Suck it up. Shrug and drive on.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You say "Thank you for taking care of this for me. I'll get the upper sent off as soon as I get the shipping label."

I got the chance to meet and talk to a few people in the industry and was surprised when a couple I met for the first time said "MistWolf from M4C. Yeah, I know who you are." They do pay attention to who posts what on the forums even if they don't post themselves.
    Oh man.

I was at a national PRS match and the guy organizing it noticed my rifle and said “Hey Eurodriver” and just walked away right before a stage.

Kind of creeped me out.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Anyone doing this for a living is using a mill. Sounds like a math error was made to me.
    Very good point, poor choice of wording on my part. Thank you for the correction.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post

Not to sidetrack the thread but couldn't they re-issue another lower with the same serial number as the original and bypass another tax stamp and the accompanying wait?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That was the solution my Class 3 dealer and I originally proposed but ATF does not allow it. IIRC, the Regs changed shortly before this happened. We questioned it but DD provided the statutory language that proved they were right. I think I saved it in my documentation.

Anyway, this was nearly 7 years ago. Ironically (at least I find it ironic), I received the first stamp and picked up the Mk18 the same day as the Sandy Hook shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Not to sidetrack the thread but couldn't they re-issue another lower with the same serial number as the original and bypass another tax stamp and the accompanying wait?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast