Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: They drilled to far on the pin and weld job.

Feedback Score
    I have spoke to them (email). I asked if I could just send the complete rifle back and they ship me a new one, that way I would probably get it quicker and I'm about fed up with the one I have. They essentially said ''We currently build our rifles to order, our best bet is to rebarrel your upper. We have pin and welded our rifles countless times, this has never happened before. We will send you out a shipping shipping label so you can return the upper and we will rebarrel/pin and weld it. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make this right. We will make this right.'' Not an exact direct quote, but that completely sums it up. I'm not even sure what to say back. One side of me is thinking that I do not want to come off as wanting something for free, the other side is thinking that I could use a few free accessories for my patience with the BS. I think I forgot to mention in my first post that when I originally sent the rifle back, as always I sent it back the way I had received it. I sent the manuals, accessories, mag, ''swag'', etc. All i got back was a lonely ar with nothing there to keep it company on its journey. I mentioned that and he said he will get those sent out Monday.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    This botched job is completely unacceptable.
    Mistakes happen, but anyone in a machine or fab shop knows to measure twice, cut once.
    This did not happen, nor did the technician check his/her work.
    Ive pinned and welded a few devices. You have to drill damn far to punch into the bore.
    Anyone doing this for a living is using a mill. Sounds like a math error was made to me.
    Last edited by GH41; 05-26-19 at 10:08.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak15 View Post
    One side of me is thinking that I do not want to come off as wanting something for free, the other side is thinking that I could use a few free accessories for my patience with the BS. I
    I think you should keep it classy and go with that side of you. If they offer extras, great. If not, it would seem cheap (to me) to feel like you deserved some kind of compensation.

I certainly would tell them that you want the manuals and other stuff that you sent back to them when you returned it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Anyone doing this for a living is using a mill. Sounds like a math error was made to me.
    A math error is fine. Not taking the time to look down bore with a flashlight that would have taken 30secs is not. It speaks of laziness and lack of QC. What other problems do you think might be lurking with their rifles if someone cant be bothered to take 30 secs to look down the bore? THATS WHAT WORRIES ME. Something that might manifest 1000 rounds later and deadline my rifle when I need it the most.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I think you should keep it classy and go with that side of you. If they offer extras, great. If not, it would seem cheap (to me) to feel like you deserved some kind of compensation.

I certainly would tell them that you want the manuals and other stuff that you sent back to them when you returned it.
    I definitely agree, the only reason I was considering saying ''hey you can throw in a xxxxxxxxxxx for my troubles'' is the fact he said ''let us know of there is anything we can do to make it right''. I put the x's there because I am not trying to drop hints on who the company is. But, I do think you are right... Keep it classy. Personally, if it were my company I would offer a couple hundred bucks credit on my website or something. Either way, I just want to get this god forsaken rifle to the range and shoot the piss out of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I definitely agree, the only reason I was considering saying ''hey you can throw in a xxxxxxxxxxx for my troubles'' is the fact he said ''let us know of there is anything we can do to make it right''.
    I would have offered you something - maybe a partial refund - maybe as big a discount as I could afford on another purchase - definitely some SWAG.

In that vein, if you are of the mind that mistakes happen, I might just ask what they could do for a discount on my next purchase - obviously not something you'd want to do if you are done with the company.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Here's a question I do not the answer to. If they make it right and I have nothing but good to say about how this company handled it... Can I then say who it is and express how well they handled it? I can see there being two justifiable sides to this question.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

They drilled to far on the pin and weld job.

Here's a question I do not the answer to. If they make it right and I have nothing but good to say about how this company handled it... Can I then say who it is and express how well they handled it? I can see there being two justifiable sides to this question.
    Yeah I don’t think I’ve seen an issue with that here. The rule I mentioned was to prevent people from bashing a company for a problem before they’d even reached out to that company to see what they would say. I think it’s encouraged to post the response and overall opinion of how it was resolved (good or bad), the mods just want to make sure that the company is offered the chance to make it right before people go crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah I don’t think I’ve seen an issue with that here. The rule I mentioned was to prevent people from bashing a company for a problem before they’d even reached out to that company to see what they would say. I think it’s encouraged to post the response and overall opinion of how it was resolved (good or bad), the mods just want to make sure that the company is offered the chance to make it right before people go crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely understandable. I will definitely update the thread for those who are interested.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...I'm not even sure what to say back...
    You say "Thank you for taking care of this for me. I'll get the upper sent off as soon as I get the shipping label."

I got the chance to meet and talk to a few people in the industry and was surprised when a couple I met for the first time said "MistWolf from M4C. Yeah, I know who you are." They do pay attention to who posts what on the forums even if they don't post themselves.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast