Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Range report: Hodge barrel with LMT Enhanced BCG *UPDATE page 7*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Haterz gunna hate. I am sticking an E-BCG in a 16" midlength just because I can. Experimentation is good.
    It should work with that setup.

Without searching for and then reading the old thread, did it work in a 20" rifle-length system?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Yep. 100% flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    It should work with that setup.

Without searching for and then reading the old thread, did it work in a 20" rifle-length system?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Yep. 100% flawless.
    Was that with Colt barrel, or a TDP sized port?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    UPDATE......

Finally got around to the second part of this little test today. Shot the same round count as before: 40rds of M855A1, 20rds of Mk318, and 20rds of Mk262 (IMI 77gr Razor). Only this time I used a standard Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black BCG instead of the LMT EBCG I used in the first part of the test in May. Used the same standard spring and H2 buffer as the first time.

All 80 rounds fired perfectly; no FTE, FTF, or failures to lock back (which had been the only downside of my test with the LMT EBCG).

Yeah, some of you are going to go "Well of course it functions fine with a standard BCG, the Hodge barrel was designed to". Okay, point taken. I felt obliged to confirm everything with a standard BCG. The only shortcomings I encountered with the LMT EBCG was about a 20% failure to lock back on an empty mag......that went away today!

As an aside, I have played with different coatings and different finishes on BCG's or just the bolts themselves. I am OC about cleaning my weapons (I know most of you aren't) and like them spic-and-span. Today was the first time I used that Mystic Black BCG. I've had it for like two years but have never used it. All I can say is that it truly, really wipes clean! Even that bastion of filth, the bolt tail, wiped off with a cloth and a pass with the green nylon GI toothbrush. I couldn't believe it. Sure, I only shot 80 rounds but that same round count on the LMT EBCG took some scrubbing with a green scratchy pad and brass brush to get the bolt tail clean. Without a doubt the Cryptic Coatings stuff is expensive, like really expensive. That said, I definitely like it and will probably buy more in the future (one at a time!). I must also add that the bolt had a coat of Slip2000 EWL on it, so despite the claims of being able to run it without lube I don't do that. It may have helped make it easier to clean too.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 10-13-19 at 18:44.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    thank you for the update! great info and test.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Thanks for the update and messing around with the system. Love the data!

Feedback Score
    Not a surprise about how easy it is to clean the Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black BCG. I have one, and it's so slippery that it wants to go flying out of your hands even when it's bone dry. I have just the one in Mystic Black, and I have 3 others in the standard phosphate finish. They make great BCGs, but I change out their extractor springs for the Colt copper color extractor springs with black bumper inserts.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Same. I’ve put a ton of rounds through the black mystic and it’s stupid and damn near magic how easy it is to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Not a surprise about how easy it is to clean the Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black BCG. I have one, and it's so slippery that it wants to go flying out of your hands even when it's bone dry. I have just the one in Mystic Black, and I have 3 others in the standard phosphate finish. They make great BCGs, but I change out their extractor springs for the Colt copper color extractor springs with black bumper inserts.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Anyone have a comparison of the Cryptic Coatings vs a Sionics NP3 BCG?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Anyone have a comparison of the Cryptic Coatings vs a Sionics NP3 BCG?
    Finish/coatings wise CVD > NP3 all day long, but I like the Sionics bcg better than toolcraft.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast