Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Range report: Hodge barrel with LMT Enhanced BCG *UPDATE page 7*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    So, are you satisfied and if not, what is your next step? I like 1168's suggestion.
    I'm not unhappy. I fully expected there to be cycling issues but there weren't any. It shot pretty damn smooth with all the ammo (that is no doubt the LMT EBCG). The lock-back issue means the "oomph" is a tad lacking with this setup, which of course could manifest itself in a more pronounced fashion if filthy or very cold. Now to be fair, the EBCG was new and TIGHT; you couldn't flick your wrist and have the bolt pop forward, you have to pull it with your fingers. Perhaps as that wears in a little as well as everything else things will "loosen" a bit overall. At least I know the gun isn't beating itself to death!

As an aside, I don't care for the new, duller finish on the Enhanced bolt's latest generation. The older, more shiny ones I have clean up easier. Nitpicking I know, but just though I'd throw that out there.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Interesting experiment. Would you mind running it again with a regular BCG?

That IMI stuff must be hot as $h1+.
    One of these days I'll run it with a regular BCG and H2 buffer and let you guys know.

Yes, the surprise of the day was the IMI Razor ammo. I've heard it's a tad on the spicy side but today proved it. I have shitload of it so that's a good thing. This Hodge/LMT EBCG setup may be the ticket to running that stuff.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I bought some at a gun show about a year ago and yes, it was ridiculous (like $2 per round).
    That's what I am seeing or better. Some guy on Gunbroker asking $150 for 30 rounds in a metal magazine. There ain't enough magic in that bullet for me to spend that on something I will probably never shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    That's what I am seeing or better. Some guy on Gunbroker asking $150 for 30 rounds in a metal magazine. There ain't enough magic in that bullet for me to spend that on something I will probably never shoot.
    Yeah that dude is smoking crack for sure.

I've seen 300rds for $600, and it was Winchester "NATO cross" 2017 stuff on stripper clips. I guess Winchester started loading some to keep up with demand to augment Lake City production. Yeah, $2 per round is steep but 2017 production is pretty recent so that's not too bad.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quick question, was this the enhanced carrier and e-bolt? Or standard carrier and e-bolt? FA or SA carrier?

Just picked up a 12.5 Hodge barrel that is getting converted by Marvin Pitts for a LMT MRP chassis build. Was wondering whether to pick the standard FA carrier or enhanced with e-bolt. Will be used mostly suppressed but would expect it to be fully reliable without can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Quick question, was this the enhanced carrier and e-bolt? Or standard carrier and e-bolt? FA or SA carrier?

Just picked up a 12.5 Hodge barrel that is getting converted by Marvin Pitts for a LMT MRP chassis build. Was wondering whether to pick the standard FA carrier or enhanced with e-bolt. Will be used mostly suppressed but would expect it to be fully reliable without can.
    Both the bolt and carrier are Enhanced.

I've heard that the LMT EBCG wasn't designed for less than 14.5" barrels; not saying it wouldn't work, just that it might not.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Given the port sizing of the Hodge barrels I had planned on regular carrier. Doesn't seem like it would benefit from the extra porting on the enhanced carrier. Also using A5 RE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Given the port sizing of the Hodge barrels I had planned on regular carrier. Doesn't seem like it would benefit from the extra porting on the enhanced carrier. Also using A5 RE.
    Yeah the A5 certainly skews results from my findings today.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I thought "weaker" rounds were supposed to shoot higher. Based on what I've read, because it takes fractionally longer for the round to leave the muzzle, the barrel will be pointed fractionally higher due to muzzle rise.
    The bullet has left the barrel long before any recoil. What you’ve read is incorrect.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The bullet has left the barrel long before any recoil. What you’ve read is incorrect.
    This is true in m4, but he is correct in the heavy revolver world, except he got it backwards.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast