Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a carrier and plates

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've set up two of these, one for myself and one for my son. 1st was a Mayflower APC with the Level IV stand alone plate from SKD and the 2nd was the same except the plates were Velocity Systems triple curve level III/IV with backers. I have the backers for both setups. Overall they are still fairly light. Overall the Mayflower APC does everything I want and is easily configurable.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Do you have a budget? That'd be a lot easier to narrow things down.

If it fits the budget, I would go for something multi-curve. If you can invest more then that reduces weight and thickness. These are all ergonomic improvements that will make your time in armor a lot better.

When people ask me about armor, the bare minimum I try to steer folks towards is the HESCO 4400 in Multicurve and dedicated SAPI sizes (only available in Med or Large) as I feel the multi-curve and dedicated sizing is worth it alone.

10" x 12" is just a cookie-cutter solution and in my opinion, not ideal. RMA has some good plates as well.
    Last edited by patriot_man; 05-31-19 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I was planning on 10x12 plates.
    It looks like that carrier will handle that size.
    Bringing this back as I’m doing a little research. What plates did you end up going with? I like the functionality of the carrier you went with.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Looking for a carrier and plates

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Bringing this back as I’m doing a little research. What plates did you end up going with? I like the functionality of the carrier you went with.

Thanks.
    Well, I ordered a set of the battle steel lvl 4 plates. They carry fine in the minimalist carrier.
    I ordered an AWS OCPC with some level 3 tactical scorpion plates to have something a bit more rugged for a class someday.
    Last edited by czgunner; 05-12-20 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I ordered a set of the battle steel lvl 4 plates. They carry fine in the minimalist carrier.
    I ordered an AWS OCPC with some level 3 tactical scorpion plates to have something a bit more rugged for a class someday.

Thanks for the update. I watched a couple of videos of the Battle Steel, seems like they can take a beating.

Feedback Score
    A little off topic since you already bought your carrier, but I picked up this Skeletac plate carrier from Cannae, I had some credits and a coupon code that made it cheap enough to take a chance on and it's really cool.

Cannae doesn't make it, it's made by Husar out of Poland imported by Acelink who partnered with Cannae.

I've tried it with heavy level 4 and light weight level 3 poly plates and while I haven't worn for more than a few hours at a time, it's comfortable.

https://cannaeprogear.com/collection...-plate-carrier

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interesting setup and features. Probably a little above my budget but very cool nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    What do you think of those Battle Steel plates? Now that you have had them for a few months, would you buy them again? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For the price, I think they are fantastic. They sit in a minimalist carrier. They seem lighter and easier to deal with compared to what I wore in Iraq.
    They aren’t as comfortable as my multi curve 3+ plates, but testing shows them to be pretty rugged.
    Honestly for less than $200, I really don’t see how you could go wrong.

Feedback Score
    For the price, I think they are fantastic. They sit in a minimalist carrier. They seem lighter and easier to deal with compared to what I wore in Iraq.
    They aren’t as comfortable as my multi curve 3+ plates, but testing shows them to be pretty rugged.
    Honestly for less than $200, I really don’t see how you could go wrong.
    Thanks, that is what I was leaning toward. Based on what you saw in Iraq how did plates in general work?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast