Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Berettas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question about Berettas

I have two Beretta 92s, one is and old police surplus, s# puts it's manufacturing in 1995. The other is from 2016. I want to sell one. I'm thinking of selling one and trying to figure out if one is better than the other or are they the same. All I can find online is silly stuff like "Italian is better made" or "plastic doesn't belong in guns".

I'm thinking of selling the newer one simply because it's in better shape and would bring more money

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I personally would probably get rid of the surplus one. My thinking being that it is the one more likely to be refused free warranty work. That being said, I'm having a hard time imagining what you would send it back for. Are they both S models with the euro mag button?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I personally would probably get rid of the surplus one. My thinking being that it is the one more likely to be refused free warranty work. That being said, I'm having a hard time imagining what you would send it back for. Are they both S models with the euro mag button?

I ment 92"s" as in multiple not the 92S Euro models from the 70s. Sorry for the confusion

Both are 92sf. One is new from 2016. One is a mid 1990s US police surplus.

I don't intending to send anything back. I was thinking of selling one. Put that money towards something else. Just trying to find out if one worth keeping over the other so far as quality goes

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I can't find anything that indicates that the 92 series has had anything but top-notch quality over it's whole run. Here is an interesting thread on the subject https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....uality-control

I think I would keep the nicer one unless you are truly strapped for cash and the $100 difference (if that) would really count. THAT being said, when I was doing the exact same thing you are doing with my Beretta 92G-SDs I kept my beater one and sold my NIB one for the bigger $$. So I am useless for advice LOL.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Keep the one you like better. There really isn't a big difference in new and old Berettas.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'd agree: Keep whichever one has the better trigger or better frame-to-slide fit, or has a barrel that sits more evenly in the slide, or whatever. I think given the on-again, off-again availability of surplus 92s on the market that it would be harder to sell the older gun for as much as the newer gun and if they're functionally the same (or you like one every bit as much as the other), I'd sell the newer gun. But if you like the newer one better... keep it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Good advice. The only issue I've heard with hard-run 92s relate to the slide/locking block; if yours is mechanically sound, no problemo.
    We're not talking a ton of money either way.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I'm indifferent to how new or worn it is. The older one has the G-D conversion and the newer one can bring more money. Those two things make me lean towards keeping the older worn one

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    If one is a G and the other is not, that would make it simple for me: I'd keep the G, sell the other.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Are they the same gen locking block? Do they both have the relief cut at the top of the backstrap?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast