Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting results after grouping my standard and BFH BCM barrels - update 02 JUN

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Wake, KAC ehh, no surprise that bad boy shot lights out. Hope you get your other rig straightened out. I only have had one totally shitty barrel, Faxon. Many other folks had good results with them but mine sucked are.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Looks like a shooter, which isn’t surprising- but no doubt gratifying.

The PPU load is underwhelming.
    Try shooting a 10 rd group with the CBC. I would experience 1 or 2 fairly extreme fliers that would blow an otherwise nice group.
    Chrono proved it out with ESs of 97 FPS. I use it to 300 and can live with it.
    Unfortunately, I'm all out. The only thing I have left is the PPU, which I'm just going to burn through. I really like how well the FGMM 77gr shot in everything, but at this point I'm more concerned about stashing a decent training round since I've really only had junk for a while. I'm tempted to try the 62gr OTM from Winchester since that's such a cheap round and seems like a good compromise.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I love my Mod 2 SR-15, 16”. I’m moving the Aimpoint on it to a DD upper I bought, and placing a Kahles 1-6 on the SR-15. The 16” SR-15 is like a DMR or Recce rifle for real. Love it to death.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah the KAC will get my Razor and part of the reason I went with the 16” is because I figured it’d fulfill that role for me, so I’d likely not get the LPR. The EOTech will go on the BCM in my OP when it gets back on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Got the upper back but there was no note or email. I‘m pretty sure they replaced the barrel but won’t be able to test it for another week to be sure.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Interesting results after grouping my standard and BFH BCM barrels - update 02 JUN

So it turns out I think my Razor is toast after the fall it took last year. I was pretty confident that BCM replaced the barrel in question, but today I was still getting garbage results while shooting the Razor. When I switched to my EXPS 3-2, it got noticeably better. I still had an occasional flier, but the noticeable shift in the middle of a group stopped and I had a few really solid groups IMO. Both of these guns are back ups, and I was really missing the flat bowed SD-E in my primary lower.

Called the low round on the below target. I jumped that trigger a little early.

I sped up the cadence on target 18 and knew two of the shots were a little sloppy.

Last edited by Wake27; 07-07-19 at 15:32.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Interesting results after grouping my standard and BFH BCM barrels - update 02 JUN

Last edited by Wake27; 07-07-19 at 15:45.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Double checked the mount correct?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Double checked the mount correct?

This time I didn’t, but the last few range sessions I verified torque on the rings and the base in between every single group and have yet to find something loose. It was mounted to the Geissele upper in the last photo and was blown off a bench last year, landing on concrete, directly on the top turret and ocular lens housing. I fired 2-3 groups at 50m to see if the zero shifted but that was it at that distance until the LPVO class I mentioned in my OP.

The BCM upper had been tested with another scope as mentioned in my OP and was underwhelming even with that one, so I still think that wasn’t a great barrel (2-3 MOA with OTMs). But the bigger problem of the shift in the middle of the group was due to the scope though, at least that’s my current theory. I’ll contact Vortex, it’d be cool if they could provide me some feedback after they take a look at it.

Last edited by Wake27; 07-07-19 at 15:56.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Coming late to the party, but I got a very decent group at 100 with 77gr Black Hills OTM, around 2" ... using only an Aimpoint Comp M5 and 3x magnifier.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast