Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will this trigger work for ar9

Feedback Score

will this trigger work for ar9

Im currently building my first AR9 and have been reading that unlike most normal ar builds, not all triggers work well in the AR9 platform. I am wondering will the geissele super tricon trigger work in this build? I have one laying around and would like to use it and not buy a new trigger if possible. Im going to use either a faxon firearms 9mm bcg or ballistic advantage bcg with the weight removed to be used for law tactical folder. The buffer system is from angstad arms just a normal 9mm buffer. Any info on this would help tons thanks!

Feedback Score
    I’m interested in this thread. I would like a Faxon 9mm upper and a spikes Glock lower with a cmc trigger but I want to find out what runs with a Faxon upper

Feedback Score
    That is a question with some 'maybes'. The issue is that blowback guns recoil more abruptly than locked breech ones (regular ARs), and some of these guns don't have ramped bolts. The rampless bolts, combined with the abrupt bolt movement, can either cause malfs, or batter the hammer, or both.
    I'm running an SSA in a Colt 9mm; it has worked fine, and Giessele feels reasonably confident that it won't cause eventual damage. They have no empirical data on this application. The Colt's bolt is indeed ramped; it has a sloped surface at the rear of the feed rail.
    Soooooo, what should you do? First, examine your bolt for a sloped surface below the firing pin. If it does, finish your bulild, and see if it runs...keep a close eye for battered or damaged parts.
    You could contact Geissele for their opinion as well.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    That is a question with some 'maybes'. The issue is that blowback guns recoil more abruptly than locked breech ones (regular ARs), and some of these guns don't have ramped bolts. The rampless bolts, combined with the abrupt bolt movement, can either cause malfs, or batter the hammer, or both.
    I'm running an SSA in a Colt 9mm; it has worked fine, and Giessele feels reasonably confident that it won't cause eventual damage. They have no empirical data on this application. The Colt's bolt is indeed ramped; it has a sloped surface at the rear of the feed rail.
    Soooooo, what should you do? First, examine your bolt for a sloped surface below the firing pin. If it does, finish your bulild, and see if it runs...keep a close eye for battered or damaged parts.
    You could contact Geissele for their opinion as well.
    Moon
    the BCG is indeed ramped, i made sure of this before buying because i heard this can cause problems. Looks like ill be throwing it in and hoping for the best. Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt107 View Post
    ... with the weight removed to be used for law tactical folder. The buffer system is from angstad arms just a normal 9mm buffer. Any info on this would help tons thanks!
    What "weight" are you considering removing? My Colt has the tungsten insert in the bolt, and the heavy buffer.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I would reach out to those nice people at Gissele and ask them:

https://geissele.com/contact

They do answer their mail. I've asked them questions twice and received answers both times.

Feedback Score
    I have an AR9, and it did not like the RRA 2-stage trigger i put in (had it lying around in a parts box), so i put in a Geissele SSA-E and it has been flawless. So not sure about that specific trigger you mentioned, but my Geissele has worked perfect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would reach out to those nice people at Gissele and ask them:

https://geissele.com/contact

They do answer their mail. I've asked them questions twice and received answers both times.
    As mentioned in my response, they will be happy to talk to you, but probably won't be able to give you definitive answer. Perhaps interest in PCCs will have given them reason to check further.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    to everyone who is interested still i sent an email to geissele, as well as a message to faxon firearms and ballistic advantage to see if they've had any testing with the super tricon trigger or any geissele. BA responded with "It indeed will work just fine". Faxon responded with "while we haven't used the exact trigger youre asking for, we have tested a few other geissele triggers and all have worked great so we would suspect yours does too". But geissele response was quite opposite of these, their resposne being " We do not make any trigger that is compatible with any PCC at the moment and we dont have any plans to make any PCC trigger. None of our triggers will be compatible with your build. Super sorry and wish we could be of better help" so seems like everyone else thinks they're good to go except geissele haha.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    As mentioned in my response, they will be happy to talk to you, but probably won't be able to give you definitive answer. Perhaps interest in PCCs will have given them reason to check further.
    Moon
    will do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast