Thread: Hardwired Tactical Shooting First Responder Pistol June 29 & 30, 2019 - Dallas, TX

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Hardwired Tactical Shooting First Responder Pistol June 29 & 30, 2019 - Dallas, TX

First Responder Pistol - June 29 & 30. 2019

By Hardwired Tactical Shooting - Darryl Bolke and Wayne Dobbs

Class Description:

This is our signature class. It is designed to provide first responders and well-trained citizens with the tools necessary to prevail in all aspects of a lethal force encounter. This class will be run with a 360-degree hot range mentality, and safety is paramount. A majority of the course will focus on surgical shooting within the critical two-second window. We will cover the entire Combat Triad of Mindset, Marksmanship and Gun Handling as equal parts. Threat evaluation skills, problem solving and critical thinking will also be heavily emphasized.

This course requires a reliable service type pistol (revolvers can be used, but the class is paced for semi-automatic pistols) with a minimum of 500 rounds of reliable ammunition, at least three magazines with pouches and a high quality outside the waistband holster that is made for the handgun used specifically and allows for holstering with one hand. No SERPA's unless agency issued and mandated. We recommend that students have had some sort of prior basic firearms training prior to this class. Eye and Ear Protection are also required and we recommend electronic hearing protection. Please dress according to weather conditions and bring plenty of hydration and snacks and lunch. Also, please wear clothing that is acceptable for range use that will protect from spent brass being allowed to enter the top and protective footwear.

Instructor Bios:

Darryl and Wayne have over 45 years of combined full time law enforcement experience and extensive private sector contracting experience. They have a combined 67 years of experience as firearms instructors. Both have extensive training classes as students with many of the most highly regarded instructors in the United States, and we are still active students as well as instructors. We are nationally recognized for our safety briefings and how we teach and implement firearms safety. Our classes focus on the legal, ethical and moral use of lethal force with firearms for both law enforcement first responders and armed Citizens who may find themselves as first responders to their own emergency.

Our classes are family friendly with professionally delivered instruction. The instruction is fact based and our training methodology has been both street and court tested with exceptional results.

Registration Link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/first-r...D9R2ceStnBj5ys

Posted by SeriousStudent. I've taken this class several times. It's excellent, as are the instructors. If you have any questions, reach out to myself, or Wayne Dobbs who is also a member here.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Will you be at this one SS? How many spots are still available?

I’ve been wanting to do this class for the last few years and haven’t been able to get my schedule to line up. I may be able to make this one.

ETA:
    Just read over the class description and noticed it specified OWB holsters. Can you not use your EDC? I carry AIWB for reference.
    Also is 500 rds the usual round count or is it typically lower? Thought I’ve read other AARs saying it was in the 300’s
    Last edited by Ironman8; 05-28-19 at 07:13.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yes, I'll be helping as an RSO. Despite that tragic news, you should attend.

Based on previous classes, if you can safely demonstrate use of an AIWB, they very likely will let you use it. If someone is a complete soup sandwich, then the answer is pretty much no. I will confirm that. If I remember right, you are running Glocks? I can bring spare OWB holsters and mag pouches for you if you need them, it's no trouble at all.

I'd bring 500 rounds to be safe. It's definitely not a "turn money into noise/feel good" class. They really focus on maximum accuracy for each round. The targets you well be shooting at are B-8 repair centers on a reduced IDPA backer, and anything outside the black is a miss. (So no pressure....)

I'll touch base with Wayne and Darryl regarding the number of open spots. I think they had at least four openings left, I'll try and confirm that ASAP and get back to you.

If you need advice on foodstuffs and lodgings, let me know. There are a lot of hotels right by the range, and it's just off I-35 and Beltline Road in Carrollton, Texas. So it's a pretty straight-forward drive for you.

And Saturday night after class we traditionally go out for BBQ and swap lies, I mean, uh, discuss important tactical matters......

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Will you be at this one SS? How many spots are still available?

I’ve been wanting to do this class for the last few years and haven’t been able to get my schedule to line up. I may be able to make this one.

ETA:
    Just read over the class description and noticed it specified OWB holsters. Can you not use your EDC? I carry AIWB for reference.
    Also is 500 rds the usual round count or is it typically lower? Thought I’ve read other AARs saying it was in the 300’s
    The classes that I’ve attended have been in the spring and fall, and I think we were closer to 500 rounds. The summer weather may play a role in slowing things down if it is really hot and humid, requiring more hydration breaks. Also, the overall experience level of the students could impact round count. The classes that I attended had mostly familiar faces, so things moved along smoothly and quickly. If you take 500 rounds, you’ll be good either way.

There has been AIWB usage in the classes that I have attended, so you should contact the Wayne or Darryl. I think as long as you exhibit proficiency and aren’t a danger to yourself or others, they will allow it.

I cannot say enough good things about Wayne and Darryl or the class itself. I’m hoping my schedule permits me to attend in the fall.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Enrolled, see you guys next month.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Enrolled, see you guys next month.
    This is going to be a ridiculous amount of fun.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    FYI - just in case someone tried to register and could not, the issue with EventBrite has been fixed. There are still several more class slots.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I and a friend will be attending! Just registered and paid.