Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blade Show 2019, Attending?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That hotel is definitely within walking distance. It's basically behind Cumberland Mall, while the Galleria is on the front side of the mall. You basically can cut diagonally across the mall parking lot/property then take the overhead pedestrian bridge across the 6 lane highway over to the Galleria.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That hotel is definitely within walking distance. It's basically behind Cumberland Mall, while the Galleria is on the front side of the mall. You basically can cut diagonally across the mall parking lot/property then take the overhead pedestrian bridge across the 6 lane highway over to the Galleria.
    Good deal. It was close and best price. I was told people wear a pack with a sign on for knives they're selling and often tell that way.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you guys are in town near Cumberland you may want to check out Tru-Prep ( survival/AR store) on 41 and Adventure Outdoors (LMGS in an old Grocery store) over in Smyrna.

Both are an easy Uber/Lyft.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely on my bucket list to attend one year. Have fun guys and I hope you sell your knives Will!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    As of today, weather forecast for Saturday is rain 80%, heavy at times. Sunday is 70% rain. For those walking from their nearby hotels, be prepared.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    This will be mine and my dad's fourth year there. It's become a father/son tradition, and I've loved it every time. We're staying in the Sheraton across the street, so we'll just be right across the foot bridge. However, it looks like we'll have to pack the umbrellas.

I'll be hunting a few custom folders as well as picking up a custom delivery. I've never been to SHOT, but Blade Show is pretty dang big, especially now with the second ball room. If you really want to get into the thick of it, come down to the pit at the bottom of the Waverly after at night. It's a good time to meet like minded folks and show off what you picked up at the show or brought with you. It'd also be a good time to trade or sell.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    We're staying in the Sheraton across the street, so we'll just be right across the foot bridge. However, it looks like we'll have to pack the umbrellas.

I've never been to SHOT, but Blade Show is pretty dang big, especially now with the second ball room. .
    If you run really fast from the Sheraton to the bridge, you might not get wet.

They had the so called "second" ballroom last year too. I was unimpressed.

Compared to SHOT, the entire Blade show could fit into the smaller side rooms.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Just got back from the show. Met up briefly with Will, my pleasure sir to meet you in person. The president of the knife company wouldn't sell me the prototype knife so I came out of there empty handed and pocket still full of cash. LOL. So no picture for you Serious. The production model will be out around August. The place was crowded as usual. People with backpacks swinging their bodies uncontrollably all around almost hit other people including us. Lots of custom and production knives, some interest me, lots don't. Ran into a few old shooting buddies. The only celebrity I saw was Yeager, not his fan. We'll see Will's report, I'd like to see what his take is on the first Blade show.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Just got back from the show. Met up briefly with Will, my pleasure sir to meet you in person. The president of the knife company wouldn't sell me the prototype knife so I came out of there empty handed and pocket still full of cash. LOL. So no picture for you Serious. The production model will be out around August. The place was crowded as usual. People with backpacks swinging their bodies uncontrollably all around almost hit other people including us. Lots of custom and production knives, some interest me, lots don't. Ran into a few old shooting buddies. The only celebrity I saw was Yeager, not his fan. We'll see Will's report, I'd like to see what his take is on the first Blade show.
    Good meeting up with you too Sam.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Did you end up walking to the show or Uber due to the rain?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast