• Something from Noveske

3 10.34%
  • Something else

16 55.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I am very interested in data that supports this claim.
    Seems like there is a video on the hide of one being shot in the dark. It's been several years. Rumor was there was 400 rifles returned but that's just the rumor.
    Pretty doubtful anyone has actual military communication.
    Last edited by constructor; 05-30-19 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    Seems like there is a video on the hide of one being shot in the dark. It's been several years. Rumor was there was 400 rifles returned but that's just the rumor.
    Pretty doubtful anyone has actual military communication.
    There's only so many .mil contract AR-based rifles out there.
    With the M110 it is literally impossible for the bolt to unlock before the projectile has left the bore.
    Flash can certainly be experienced at the ejection port as a byproduct of suppressor use, but ain't no way that they're initiating extraction with a pressurized bore.
    I am in quite literal daily communication with numerous military entities, and we have definitely NOT had 400 returned rifles.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    You know how time flies, It could have been 8-10 years ago, the thread on the hide ran for a long time. Seems like the guys were being trained down in Texas. Video showed flames coming out of the ejection port before muzzle blast.
    That thread is what made me start testing suspect rifles in the dark.

It's near impossible to port a barrel perfectly for civilian use since there are so many different parts and part specs and pressure curves caused by different powder burn rates, pressure, bullet choice and every thing else. Choosing the correct port size for a perfectly built military rifle to match 1 type of military ammo would be much easier unless the rifle is used with and without a suppressor and the back pressure is enough to change the cycle speed.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    You know how time flies, It could have been 8-10 years ago, the thread on the hide ran for a long time. Seems like the guys were being trained down in Texas. Video showed flames coming out of the ejection port before muzzle blast.
    That thread is what made me start testing suspect rifles in the dark.
    Perception can be deceiving.
    If a rifle extracts before the projectile has left the bore, you are going to experience super bad things. Things like "gun spontaneously disassembles itself at high velocity".

It's near impossible to port a barrel perfectly for civilian use since there are so many different parts and part specs and pressure curves caused by different powder burn rates, pressure, bullet choice and every thing else. Choosing the correct port size for a perfectly built military rifle to match 1 type of military ammo would be much easier unless the rifle is used with and without a suppressor and the back pressure is enough to change the cycle speed.
    The M110 Mil-Prf (along with CSASS) specifically requires compatibility with all in-service 7.62NATO ammunition natures, from de-linked M80 ball to M118LR, suppressed and unsuppressed.
    At the factory we check minimum function with 147gr PMC ball ammo, and confirm precision with whatever the individual contract specifies, both suppressed and unsuppressed.
    The addition of a suppressor does make a difference in cycle speed, which we account for in design, verified with high-speed video for proper function throughout the lifespan of the firearm.
    The knowledge gained from these data collection methods has led us through our system upgrade and improvement path.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Perception can be deceiving.
    If a rifle extracts before the projectile has left the bore, you are going to experience super bad things. Things like "gun spontaneously disassembles itself at high velocity".

The M110 Mil-Prf (along with CSASS) specifically requires compatibility with all in-service 7.62NATO ammunition natures, from de-linked M80 ball to M118LR, suppressed and unsuppressed.
    At the factory we check minimum function with 147gr PMC ball ammo, and confirm precision with whatever the individual contract specifies, both suppressed and unsuppressed.
    The addition of a suppressor does make a difference in cycle speed, which we account for in design, verified with high-speed video for proper function throughout the lifespan of the firearm.
    The knowledge gained from these data collection methods has led us through our system upgrade and improvement path.
    The carrier only needs to travel rearward .600" to allow gases to pass the neck and walls of the cartridge and exit between the lugs of the barrel extension and out the ejection port.
    I guess my whole point is MOST factory rifles are over-gassed. Rifles that are over-gassed can hurt accuracy and that is why that thread on the hide was started.
    What I posted for the OP was I would build instead of buy. Shooting a semi auto 308 with a 12oz BCG is different than a rifle with a 17oz BCG. A lot of guys complain about the 308s having that "clunk-clunk" in the cycle. A 308 with a 12 oz carrier feels like shooting an AR15...IMO. Of course the rifle needs to be built and barrel ported to work with that 12oz carrier.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The carrier only needs to travel rearward .600" to allow gases to pass the neck and walls of the cartridge and exit between the lugs of the barrel extension and out the ejection port.
    I guess my whole point is MOST factory rifles are over-gassed. Rifles that are over-gassed can hurt accuracy and that is why that thread on the hide was started.
    What I posted for the OP was I would build instead of buy. Shooting a semi auto 308 with a 12oz BCG is different than a rifle with a 17oz BCG. A lot of guys complain about the 308s having that "clunk-clunk" in the cycle. A 308 with a 12 oz carrier feels like shooting an AR15...IMO. Of course the rifle needs to be built and barrel ported to work with that 12oz carrier.
    Have you thought to consider that some of the manufactures over-gas their rifles for a reason? Do some homework on the British MOD requirement with regards to the LMT MWS for example. And there are a variety of solutions out there that exists that address over-gas concerns. There's not a shortage of happy shooters out there running factory .308/7.62 large frames. With regards to KAC 7.62 rifles being over-gassed, the simple answer is they're not. Welcome to 2019.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Have you thought to consider that some of the manufactures over-gas their rifles for a reason? Do some homework on the British MOD requirement with regards to the LMT MWS for example. And there are a variety of solutions out there that exists that address over-gas concerns. There's not a shortage of happy shooters out there running factory .308/7.62 large frames. With regards to KAC 7.62 rifles being over-gassed, the simple answer is they're not. Welcome to 2019.
    If everyone loved the 308 and large frames there wouldn't be so many wildcats on the AR15 frame.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Getting back to the OP's question. I would do sr25 apc if you got the jing or a Larue if you don't. I have shot both and was very impressed.

Feedback Score
    Just picked up the KAC, LMT, Noveske, and Barrett. I’ll sell the ones I don’t like. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jferguso View Post
    Just picked up the KAC, LMT, Noveske, and Barrett. I’ll sell the ones I don’t like. Thanks.
    That right there is a next-level flex.
    Well played.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast