Thread: Standard scope mounting options Rem700

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Standard scope mounting options Rem700

For those of you who use your Rem 700 for hunting/light target use, what solid mounting system do you prefer? I don't have the background with bolt guns I do with ARs, so I'm tempted to look at a rail with medium rings. I'm also looking at the one piece base/ring combo Leupold Backcountry set up. I know nothing, so please educate me.

Rifle-Standard Rem700 30-06 with takeoff stock from long action Rem700 5r.

Scope-Vortex 4x16x44 HST

Use-Mostly just shooting, since it's what I own and I'm not on the market for a new rifle. When used for hunting, I'll be scouting by vehicle and walking 1/4 mile or less.

Budget-Ideally $200 or less for the mounting system. I won't be getting so far into this it replaces any handgun or AR shooting.

At this point, I want to be able to just go out and shoot this rifle after mounting the scope. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Both of my 700’s, a 6mm Remington AI with a Swaro 3-9 and a .375-.350 Remington Magnum with a NF NXS 1-4, have Talley lightweight mounts. The base is integral with the bottom ring half and I have never had an issue with them- even with the recoil of the .375.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    With a hard recoiling bolt gun I prefer mount/rings low (but not barrel touching objective bell) to provide a solid cheek weld.

And agree with Talley quality.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Will a 44mm bell clear the barrel with low rings?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Will a 44mm bell clear the barrel with low rings?

With a standard barrel, yes. I have NF low tings with a 50mm bell and Proof Sendero barrel and there is still enough room for scope caps

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    EGW makes cheap decent mounts. You can buy nice Nightforce or badger... Warne makes good reasonable rings. Look on Brownells that carries everybody stuff.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"