Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington R1

Feedback Score

Remington R1

There are some amazing deals on Remington 1911s along with a nice rebate. What's the story on them with quality and how do they shoot? Would not mind having a Commander size 1911 to play with.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Remington QC is horrible. I'm talking you'd be better off buying a Hi-Point horrible.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Purchased a new stainless R1 in early 2014 when they were having the 75.00 rebate. Here's my initial "mini" range report from back then:

"Had it 2 weeks or so. Over the crud enough now and a pretty day (72*). Tomorrow a high of 41. Fired 168 rounds of basic 230gr FMJ Zero Ammunition. Flawless function and operation. Ejected casings traveled 4-10 feet from about 3:30 to about 6:00. I used the 2 Remington 7 round mags and 4 Wilson Combat 7 round mags. GI type / no extended beaver tail and no blood. Went very well. 68 rounds at about 10 meters and the remainder at about 15 meters. 10 meters gave about 2" groups and 15 meters gave about 3" groups. Targets were basic Dollar General el cheapo paper plates w/ sharpied grids applied. A little breeze had the plates moving / flapping at times. Had them stuck to a round bale w/ a piece of hot wire. Can probably do better when not sucking snot and a little shake. Very impressed with the R1. Fixin' to just field strip and clean. Something I learned the other day. Within 1 year I can send it back and Remington will clean it real good and and do a little tune up for free. Thought that was pretty cool. Waiting for a 100.00 rebate from my Para 1911 and this one has a 75.00 rebate."

I sold it and the Para a couple of years later. I have / had several 1911s and this one ran as well as the others. No complaints.

Old pic.

Feedback Score
    The ones I've handled looked good; Remington's rep of late made me steer a buddy away from them. I'm giving this thread a poke to look at more responses.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I wouldn’t give a dollar of my money to freedom group.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IF I were still into 1911's..this wouldnt even be last on my list. It wouldnt be on the list at all.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    This is how you find out if a gun is any good, Just ask in the right places.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Prior to my current job, I managed a small LGS for a couple of years. I can honestly say that both Taurus and Hi-Point had better QC than Remington. It was so bad that we would not stock Remington, special order only. I had a customer bring back a $1,700 Versa Max waterfowl shotgun because the stock fell off while he was duck hunting after the 10th or so round. Thankfully he had a spare shotgun with him so it didn't ruin his hunt.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Prior to my current job, I managed a small LGS for a couple of years. I can honestly say that both Taurus and Hi-Point had better QC than Remington. It was so bad that we would not stock Remington, special order only. I had a customer bring back a $1,700 Versa Max waterfowl shotgun because the stock fell off while he was duck hunting after the 10th or so round. Thankfully he had a spare shotgun with him so it didn't ruin his hunt.
    DAMN. THAT pisses me off. So when yall read others threads/posts where I say they oughta be gone and cease business, you know why. I dont allowanything Remington in my home made in the past 11-12 years, guns, ammo, gear..nothing. They are SHYSTERS, and shoulda been sued out of existence for the shitty shit they make.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Remington QC is horrible. I'm talking you'd be better off buying a Hi-Point horrible.
    I'd have to agree with this. I didn't buy a Remington but I have a Para that had a broken right side safety.
    It was bought before Remington bought Para. It came back to me not being fixed but with paperwork stating that everything worked as expected. So back it went. It came back with a working safety but on the 1st range trip the front sight broke off. So back it went. It came back with the underside of the slide galled up and with a very dim front sight. So, back it went. Finally got it back in working order. That was last year. Recently the right side safety dropped out during a match and so, back it went.
    I love the gun but Remington warranty repair and QC sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast