Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Firing pin snapped in half

Feedback Score
    I don't know man. I'm channeling my inner "Columbo" on this one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Interesting. If I'm interpreting what you are describing correctly then the firing pin must have been installed correctly and just broke due to poor quality. Good call tehpwnag

Feedback Score
    The part of the pin that hits the primer wouldn't make any more noise than an intact firing pin. Normally, the entire unbroken pin floats around in there and I've never heard it make any appreciable sound. Hmmm.... maybe the dead horse lives

Quote Originally Posted by Jongie123 View Post
    The side that hits the primer was the piece that loose through the rifle when I pick it up. The side that gets hit by the hammer stayed till I removed the cotter pin.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    The part of the pin that hits the primer wouldn't make any more noise than an intact firing pin. Normally, the entire unbroken pin floats around in there and I've never heard it make any appreciable sound. Hmmm.... maybe the dead horse lives
    I thought firing pins were all standard. The one I bought from another vendor feels alot more beefier and weights a bit more. 20190603_121021.jpg20190603_121058.jpg20190603_121138.jpg

Feedback Score
    There are two types and both will work for you and your shrouded carrier. If you had to use a notched hammer and unshrouded carrier, the pin differences would matter. It's a semi-auto, full-auto thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongie123 View Post
    I thought firing pins were all standard. The one I bought from another vendor feels alot more beefier and weights a bit more. 20190603_121021.jpg20190603_121058.jpg20190603_121138.jpg

Feedback Score
    There are two types and both will work for you and your shrouded carrier. If you had to use a notched hammer and unshrouded carrier, the pin differences would matter. It's a semi-auto, full-auto thing.
    Got it. Thanks

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    After reading this thread, I ordered some extra firing pins from Brownells. I purchased the "Colt" brand. When they came in, I noticed the skirt of the pin is a larger diameter than the original one in my Bushmaster Patrol Carbine. Is there that much of a difference in the two? Did Brownells send me the wrong one for an AR-15? They were labeled as AR15A4 in the catalogue p/n 160-304-002. My bolt carrier looks like the one on the right in post #46 (above), I guess it is considered shrouded ?? My trigger is a Geiselle SSA.
    Last edited by La26; 06-19-19 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    Yep, shrouded firing pin is on the right. Either pin will work fine in that carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by La26 View Post
    After reading this thread, I ordered some extra firing pins from Brownells. I purchased the "Colt" brand. When they came in, I noticed the skirt of the pin is a larger diameter than the original one in my Bushmaster Patrol Carbine. Is there that much of a difference in the two? Did Brownells send me the wrong one for an AR-15? They were labeled as AR15A4 in the catalogue p/n 160-304-002. My bolt carrier looks like the one on the right in post #46 (above), I guess it is considered shrouded ?? My trigger is a Geiselle SSA.

Feedback Score
    Yep, shrouded firing pin is on the right. Either pin will work fine in that carrier.
    Thank you Sir !!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345