Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rambo: Last Blood

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Apparently, most of the filming was done in Bulgaria and the Canary Islands. Heck, I originally thought it was filmed in Arizona and/or Mexico.
    I......did not know that. The movie has a relatively low budget but they are filming in the Eastern Bloc and it literally looks like Arizona/Mexico.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It's not unusual for IMFDB to get things wrong, especially about relatively new or recently released movies, particularly when contributors don't have DVDs or digital copies to pause and screenshot and analyze.

I'm also pretty sure that the "M16A1" that they show on IMFDB is an M16A2-type with A1 furniture on it (making it kind of a funny, but lazier reversal of what was done in the 80s and 90s to make "M16A2s" for movies, where they put A2 furniture, forward assists, and converted the rear sight to be finger adjustable on M16A1s - it's lazier because it still has the A2-type forward assist and the rear sight looks like an unmodified A2-type).

ETA: Looks like it doesn't have a forward assist. So maybe it's one of those converted "M16A2" guns that they just put A1 furniture (back) on.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-22-19 at 14:23.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Every month or so, I take the family, my foreman and his family, plus ranch hands to Albuquerque for dinner and a movie - my treat. It's 200 miles from here to Albuquerque, but it's a great time to get back to civilization for all involved.

Today we went to see Rambo - Last Blood. It was a normal Rambo bloodfest with some gore (thus the R rating). The story takes place in Arizona and Nogales, Sonora Mexico, but the odd looking Arizona scenes were actually in Bulgaria, and Nogales was somewhere in Portugal (according to the end credits). The wife whispered to me during the film that she saw an error. All the Arizona vehicles had one Arizona license plate on the back, but in the Grand Canyon State they have front plates as well.

Lots of Spanish language used with sub-titles. In certain parts of Stallone's dialogue, sub-titles would have helped. In some side profile shots of Sylvester, you can see his lower lip and jaw protrude further out than the upper part of this mouth - possibly a cause of his speech impediment?

Not a film I will be looking to put in my Blu-Ray collection, but I suppose it was worth the $10.00 per person admission. FYI, there were 9 of us.
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-22-19 at 23:29.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I think your wife is incorrect, 58D.

My memory of Arizona when my father was stationed there was that there was only one plate on every car.

That was nearly thirty years ago, so I Googled it and Arizona only requires one plate (on the rear) and the state only issues one plate.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Yep, we only have the rear license plate here in AZ.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A LOT of movies are shot in Bulgaria. It's like Hollywood of eastern bloc.

If I'm not mistaken 300 and the sequel were shot there as well as Angel has Fallen, Black Dhalia, the last Connan the Barbarian movie, several of the Expendables, Hitman, The Hitman's Bodyguard, Mechanic and a whole host of others

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I think your wife is incorrect, 58D.

My memory of Arizona when my father was stationed there was that there was only one plate on every car.

That was nearly thirty years ago, so I Googled it and Arizona only requires one plate (on the rear) and the state only issues one plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Yep, we only have the rear license plate here in AZ.
    My wife and I were students at the U of A in Tucson from 1978 to 1982, back then it was two plates. I just did some looking online and it appears the State went to 1 plate in the 1990's to save money. Back then we had the old maroon plates with the cactus in the middle on our vehicles. I returned to Fort Huachuca for a short time in 1983 after flight school before moving to Fort Campbell.
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-23-19 at 07:36.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456