Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingerprint cards and efile

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Fingerprint cards and efile

I have a question as the number of finger print cards to send in with an efile form 1. I have always sent in two cards per person per form one. Example, two people on the trust, two form 1’s filed, total of eight finger print cards sent in.

Now I have 5 people on my trust. If I efile 6 form 1’s, then can just send in two finger print cards per person (10 cards total) and attach all the cover sheets and mail all them in, in one envelope. Or am I going to have to send in the total of 60 finger print cards?

60 cards seem as waste of time, resources and paper. Looks like the ATF would be able to use two cards per person and file it all at once. Anyone had experience with this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Pre-41F, everybody sent two per packet...regardless of the number of forms.

The 41F FAQ seemed to say they wanted two per person, per serial number. But the “how it actually works” has been the same two per person per envelope. So put two FP cards for each RP in the package with your forms, and include all the cover sheets from EForms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    But the “how it actually works” has been the same two per person per envelope. So put two FP cards for each RP in the package with your forms, and include all the cover sheets from EForms.
    Can you (or anyone else) verify this with personal experience?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drh2687 View Post
    Can you (or anyone else) verify this with personal experience?
    I haven’t used EForms since 41F (will be doing it soon when a couple solvent traps show up)

But FWIW...I’m the Mod in most of the NFA sections on ARF, so I see a lot of discussions around NFA topics. And every time this discussion comes up, it’s unanimous among those that have sent a single pair of FP cards for multiple submissions. Have yet to hear a single example of anybody having an issue. And as fast as they’ve come back since it opened back up in October, the sample size it fairly substantial.

Feedback Score
    Good to know. Not questioning your validity - you know how it is: trust but verify. Lots of RumInt turns out to be more Rumor and less Intelligence.

Looks like I've been sending in multiple sets for no reason for quite some time then... what a waste. Would've been nice if the examiner(s) had let me know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drh2687 View Post
    Good to know. Not questioning your validity - you know how it is: trust but verify. Lots of RumInt turns out to be more Rumor and less Intelligence.

Looks like I've been sending in multiple sets for no reason for quite some time then... what a waste. Would've been nice if the examiner(s) had let me know.
    Topic came up again on ARF. Somebody posted this email:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you.
    Just got my prints done this morning. Going to be sending them in this week.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m still trying to submit a form 1 through efile. I am submitting five form 1’s through my trust and have 5 people on the trust. I was trying to reduce the file sizes to upload them. It’s complicated when you aren’t computer savvy. Anyways, I am in the process of completing the responsible person questionnaire. First question is, do I only have to mail these in? Or only upload them?

Next question is if I mail them in and the firearms are the same manufacturer, caliber, length, can I do 5 forms (one for each person) and add the different SN’s to the form? Or gotta send in (5 Guns x 5 people) 25 forms total? Uploading wouldn’t be that bad but mailing them would mean 50 passport photos total.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I’m still trying to submit a form 1 through efile. I am submitting five form 1’s through my trust and have 5 people on the trust. I was trying to reduce the file sizes to upload them. It’s complicated when you aren’t computer savvy. Anyways, I am in the process of completing the responsible person questionnaire. First question is, do I only have to mail these in? Or only upload them?

Next question is if I mail them in and the firearms are the same manufacturer, caliber, length, can I do 5 forms (one for each person) and add the different SN’s to the form? Or gotta send in (5 Guns x 5 people) 25 forms total? Uploading wouldn’t be that bad but mailing them would mean 50 passport photos total.
    You have to fill out the appropriate number of RPQs, one for each RP for each SN...have them signed, then scan an upload. You don’t mail them to the ATF, but you do mail CLEO their copy.

And it’s only one photo per RP per SN, but in this case you upload a photo 25 times.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 06-21-19 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast