Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 vs TLR-8 form factor

Feedback Score

Streamlight TLR-7 vs TLR-8 form factor

Hello All,

Pretty simple question that Streamlight couldn't answer (and I understand why). Are the TLR-7 and TLR-8 similar enough in form factor such that a kydex holster made for a TLR-7 will work with the same pistol equipped with a TLR-8?

I would appreciate any insights that you have.

JRC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Raven concealment holster is compatible with the tlr7 and 8 with just a bushing added between the tensioner. I am wondering if a TLR 8 will fit in the TLR1 holster from Safariland ALS holster.

Feedback Score
    Both companies I looked at have separate selections for each light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_master_midget View Post
    The Raven concealment holster is compatible with the tlr7 and 8 with just a bushing added between the tensioner. I am wondering if a TLR 8 will fit in the TLR1 holster from Safariland ALS holster.
    It should. The light bearing portion of the holster is essentially just a bucket with no retention. Any light smaller than an X300U should work just fine. I tried it with the TLR7 no issues.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    I don’t like the gap I see between the back of the light and the trigger guard. Looks too far away. Might be difficult for someone with sausage fingers to activate

- I’ve heard complaints that the buttons on the TLR get activated inadvertently. Causing people to burn out their batteries early. Can’t imagine it feels good to have that light roast your boys in appendix carry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I don’t like the gap I see between the back of the light and the trigger guard. Looks too far away. Might be difficult for someone with sausage fingers to activate

- I’ve heard complaints that the buttons on the TLR get activated inadvertently. Causing people to burn out their batteries early. Can’t imagine it feels good to have that light roast your boys in appendix carry.
    If that is happening, they are using a garbage holster.
    Worry less, Train more.