Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Remove Hoppes Bore Snake Stuck in Rifle Barrel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue7a View Post
    Well, considering it’s an 11” HK416A5 upper, one would surmise that as a SME I would and did use a 5.56 Bore Snake lol
    Well, of course, as you are an SME one shouldn't have dare broached the subject.

T2C - No soup for you.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    In all fairness, members are not obviously identified as SMES in the default mobile view, you have to view their profile. SMEs are clearly identified in the full view

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-31-19 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Fun fact - the hottest man made temp ever is 9,900,000,000,000°F
    Needs more Rayos number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    When i was using a Viper there was always cord either fore or aft if this thing got stuck. What length bore do you have? I stopped using the Viper and in place use a $2.47 (free shipping) Chinese bore snake which does a better job, doesn't get stuck and is much cheaper. Originally, this was my backup and now I'll be ordering more. Take a flashlight and look down the barrel if you don't think bore snakes do the job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm curious if this was one of the Viper style or not. I don't know if it's valid or not but I've heard they're more prone to this very problem for some reason.
    A longer bristled brush area combined with a much, much smaller diameter pull cord is my guess. I made mine in to a chain sinnet so it is easier to grab.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue7a View Post
    Well, considering it’s an 11” HK416A5 upper, one would surmise that as a SME I would and did use a 5.56 Bore Snake lol
    I did not see that in the original post.

I've been using Bore Snakes for years. I'll have to watch out for problems from this point forward.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    In all fairness, members are not obviously identified as SMES in the default mobile view, you have to view their profile. SMEs are clearly identified in the full view

Andy
    I don't understand if you are offering an excuse for T2C in not paying proper deference by asking a simple question. Even though it is not my place to say so, I appreciate you taking the role of peacekeeper.

However, I think it was kind of arrogant, no I know it was arrogant, to reply to T2C in that matter. What is this, kiss the ring?

I wasn't familiar with the OP so I looked at his posts, and I didn't get a solid feel for what the OP is SME of. Probably because I got bored by all the EE listings.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    When i was using a Viper there was always cord either fore or aft if this thing got stuck. What length bore do you have? I stopped using the Viper and in place use a $2.47 (free shipping) Chinese bore snake which does a better job, doesn't get stuck and is much cheaper. Originally, this was my backup and now I'll be ordering more. Take a flashlight and look down the barrel if you don't think bore snakes do the job.
    I was embarrassed to post that I use those Amazon wonders. Really cant tell the difference, other than I toss them without much effort to clean them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I don't understand if you are offering an excuse for T2C in not paying proper deference by asking a simple question. Even though it is not my place to say so, I appreciate you taking the role of peacekeeper.

However, I think it was kind of arrogant, no I know it was arrogant, to reply to T2C in that matter. What is this, kiss the ring?

I wasn't familiar with the OP so I looked at his posts, and I didn't get a solid feel for what the OP is SME of. Probably because I got bored by all the EE listings.
    I was simply pointing out that anyone using the default mobile view is unaware of a poster's SME status. I know that I don't normally "drill down" into a member's profile before posting, maybe I should.

I'm not making excuses for anyone.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Besides the OP's clear abuse of the product, do bore snakes actually work well in effectively cleaning a barrel (and chamber)? Anyone scope a bore before and after?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast