Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Your BUG Gun Slowly Becoming Your Main Gun?

Feedback Score

Is Your BUG Gun Slowly Becoming Your Main Gun?

"EDC Size Creep", much?

I started many years ago doing open carry with a full sized Glock 17, which I still openly carry at home by the way. I used to use the screen name "Doc Glockster" everywhere because Doc is my nickname in real life and I dang near carried that Glock everywhere but the shower.

Over the years I've noticed that I've slowly, gradually downsized to the point that I no longer carry a full-sized pistol anywhere but the house or ranch.

I carry a Smith & Wesson M & P Shield when I can, but, Dang it--I'm finding that guns the size of the Ruger LCP have become my primary first line of defense in the city. In my case, it's mostly because I live in a warm weather state where you wear light clothing in the spring, summer and fall, and just can't conceal larger firearms in some cases. Or, I'll say, if you do conceal a larger pistol you have some potential printing issues to deal with.

I know there's the argument that "you can conceal any sized handgun if you know how to do it right," but for me at least it's just becoming more and more convenient to pop the LCP in a pocket holster and leave the larger guns in their fancy rigs at home.

Is anybody else experiencing "EDC size creep?"
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-31-19 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yep, retired my 17 a few months ago. I've been carrying my P365 as of late. 10+1 of 147gr HST's has me feeling froggy.

I don't feel like I'm giving up much; the concealment is no comparison.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    My bug is a g26, now I only carry it. When my spare rmr slide is done I will have pocket and iwb set

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Went from a G23 to a G27 to a P3AT to "eh, why bother"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    "EDC Size Creep", much?

I started many years ago doing open carry with a full sized Glock 17, which I still openly carry at home by the way. I used to use the screen name "Doc Glockster" everywhere because Doc is my nickname in real life and I dang near carried that Glock everywhere but the shower.

Over the years I've noticed that I've slowly, gradually downsized to the point that I no longer carry a full-sized pistol anywhere but the house or ranch.

I carry a Smith & Wesson M & P Shield when I can, but, Dang it--I'm finding that guns the size of the Ruger LCP have become my primary first line of defense in the city. In my case, it's mostly because I live in a warm weather state where you wear light clothing in the spring, summer and fall, and just can't conceal larger firearms in some cases. Or, I'll say, if you do conceal a larger pistol you have some potential printing issues to deal with.

I know there's the argument that "you can conceal any sized handgun if you know how to do it right," but for me at least it's just becoming more and more convenient to pop the LCP in a pocket holster and leave the larger guns in their fancy rigs at home.

Yeah, for a quick trip up to get gas or beer, especially in the warmer months, it's sooo easy to just drop the LCP in your front pocket and go. That goes for "soft shorts" too, i.e. just an elastic waistband without a belt.

I heard someone say once "A .380 is better than calling for help or 911". I keep 95gr HST's in mine.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-31-19 at 18:11.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I actually went from a G23, to a VP9, to a VP9SK and just recently went back to the full-sized VP9 after carrying the VP9SK for a bit over a year because I just don't shoot the SK as well as the full size.

In particularly hot weather though, or in certain other circumstances I will pocket carry a J-Frame .38 as my primary (and only) gun.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Nope. Glock 19/48/H&K P7 is as small as I'll go.

Clint Smith has got to be pushing 70, has been shot, has aftermarket knees, plus nuts and bolts and screws and metal plates and all sorts of stuff, cuz he's old. He still teaches courses in Southern California. He still manages to carry at least one steel-framed 1911 or a G17 - if he's not carrying two of either - in addition to ankle guns and the like.

What's your excuse?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Nope. Glock 19/48/H&K P7 is as small as I'll go.

Clint Smith has got to be pushing 70, has been shot, has aftermarket knees, plus nuts and bolts and screws and metal plates and all sorts of stuff, cuz he's old. He still teaches courses in Southern California. He still manages to carry at least one steel-framed 1911 or a G17 - if he's not carrying two of either - in addition to ankle guns and the like.

What's your excuse?
    I'll go primarily that I'm not making money off being the man, the myth, the legend' for $200, Alex.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'll go primarily that I'm not making money off being the man, the myth, the legend' for $200, Alex.
    So long as you acknowledge that it's an excuse.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Nope.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast