Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Your BUG Gun Slowly Becoming Your Main Gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    This thread is making me want to get a G34.
    LOL. I think the Shield is the best "in between" gun, but dang when i'm in town in shorts and flip flops that LCP is the ticket.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Technically you could have a RDS on the 26 and carry 45 or 47 rounds depending on whether you went with the flush or +2 mag.
    Yep - and have toyed with that idea. But - more money on top of the two RDS G17s I have invested in so far. Also have to keep an eye on this dipshit State I live in and the new governor. May be looking at something with 10 round max down the road.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    A little.

The best guns I've found between "Pocket pistol" and "Glock 19" are the Beretta 80-series double-stacks and snub revolvers. Oh, and Sheilds. (Esp. 2.0)

Sometimes I consider carrying my LCR .357 on the belt with a pocket pistol as backup.

Its Florida. It's been 100 degrees here, literally. With the usual high humidity.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its hot as f here in Charleston. Its been 100* a few days in a row. I'm currently carrying a G19 RMR. I only carry my 42 and 43 when I must.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Used to carry a P226, then I got a G19. Still have the G19 and carry it depending on what shit hole city in Ca I’m going to. But mostly carry my 442 Smith. I can wear athletic shorts and carry the 442 in a IWB holster without issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nope. Full-size pistols have become my edc.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Long ago. I used to carry 1911s, Hk45s, G17s, VP9s etc. I hated Bugs, little revolvers, etc. At some point I got interested in carrying at work so I bought a a kahr pm9. After a while I found myself carrying more and mire and after a while I shifted to the j frame because I can literally just drop it in my pocket. Sometimes I carry a speed strip. During the winter I carry my 1911s or beretta 92 but that’s just for fun. J-frame is what I need to guarantee I am armed at all times, including just sitting around the house surfing m4carbine on my phone.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Over the years I went from a 4" 1911 to the Sig P238 and then to the Browning 1911 380. I would rotate between the three depending on where I was going towards the end. Now for the last year I've transitioned to a Glock 19 full-time. I found an appendix holster that conceals better than anything else I've ever used (raven concealment). I'm still a 1911 fan but ever since I built my 9mm AR15 I just had to have a glock to share the mags...lol Now I've added a RMR too so I'm all in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Edited...Too much info provided in that first post.

I have lots of options at all times. Fit the tool to the situation, the season, the area and my distance and travel duration from home.

Options are good.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 06-02-19 at 23:48.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No. I really dislike small guns. I usually carried something the size of a G19, and eventually just a G19. I did try small guns and they just don't have enough grip. I carry one ONLY when I have no other choice.

I don't find it any harder to conceal a G19 in the summer. I was always hesitant to carry a 17 because I thought it would print too much. A few weeks ago I gave my 19 to be checked over and thoroughly cleaned after spending a decade in an IWB holster. During that week I carried the 17 and realized it wasn't any harder to conceal. As far as size and weight I don't find it any different than a little pocket gun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast