Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Your BUG Gun Slowly Becoming Your Main Gun?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I carrying G19 sized guns all the time. I've gone from a G19 to a M&P 2.0 9mmC to a P320C. I have a G43 and have carried it a time or two but it mostly sits in the nightstand. My wife is taking her CCW class and she likes to shoot it so the 43 will probably end up being her purse gun. I can easily carry a G19 sized weapon all year along with a spare mag so I don't see a reason to go smaller.

Feedback Score
    This video kind of sums up the sentiment of a lot of people in this thread. I wholeheartedly agree with him that I prefer the Shield over the Glock 43. He says carry the 19 over either if you can. I tried carrying the 19 some years ago, and I just prefer guns with flatter grips for carry even if that means I'm stuck with single stack. YMMV.

Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-03-19 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I switched back to my full sized VP9 from the VP9SK purely because I shoot the bigger gun, with it's full length grip, better than the subcompact. The lower mag capacity of the SK was never the driving force behind the change.
    I don't care for the blocky grip of the G19/23, but did like the slimmer G48 that I held in local shop.
    So with mag capacity not really being the biggest factor in EDC choice for me , I've been really tempted to try the G48 but have balked due to the reports that the gun tends to shoot left. As someone who already has to fight a tendency to shoot left with a pistol in the first place, I'm leery about going to a carry gun that could potentially amplify that problem for me.
    Plus I also kind of feel like I need to just stop switching carry guns. Pick something, get decent with it, and stick with it. But the G48 does look appealing...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I switched back to my full sized VP9 from the VP9SK purely because I shoot the bigger gun, with it's full length grip, better than the subcompact. The lower mag capacity of the SK was never the driving force behind the change.
    I don't care for the blocky grip of the G19/23, but did like the slimmer G48 that I held in local shop.
    So with mag capacity not really being the biggest factor in EDC choice for me , I've been really tempted to try the G48 but have balked due to the reports that the gun tends to shoot left. As someone who already has to fight a tendency to shoot left with a pistol in the first place, I'm leery about going to a carry gun that could potentially amplify that problem for me.
    Plus I also kind of feel like I need to just stop switching carry guns. Pick something, get decent with it, and stick with it. But the G48 does look appealing...
    I rented the 48 and didn't have that problem.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Glock 48s probably don't shoot left.

The people shooting the Glock 48s probably shoot them left.

I like the idea of the Glock 48. But I need some sort of beavertail bolted to the thing, or I wear a hole in my thumb from shooting it.

(So I went to a G19 from the G48. But I'm probably going to go back to a G17, again. Until I get holster and stuff to carry an LTT.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I want a P365 pretty bad.

I just don't feel right carrying anything smaller than a 26 currently. It's a G26 most of the time, G19 the rest.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nope. I carry a full sized gun every day and have for over 20 years...
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No. I carry the fullsize 9 whenever I can, and the compact 9 only whenever I have to.

With one spare mag for each:

35 > 16.

But then, I live in the Big City.

Feedback Score
    No. I have a shield.
    I still carry and compete with a g19.

Shield is for specific purpose/dress.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Latest Summer carry is P365.
    I shoot it well, easily carried.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast