Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 32 Mags for self-defense? Ballistic gel tests

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

32 Mags for self-defense? Ballistic gel tests

Surprisingly decent results from a snub!

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ed-32-magnums/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Surprisingly decent results from a snub!

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ed-32-magnums/
    Results would suggest a better choice than .38 from a snub. I believe the .32 H&R Mag. and the .327 Fed. Mag were purpose designed with shorter barrels in mind. Maybe they will catch on as a SD choice now is snubs.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Results would suggest a better choice than .38 from a snub. I believe the .32 H&R Mag. and the .327 Fed. Mag were purpose designed with shorter barrels in mind. Maybe they will catch on as a SD choice now is snubs.
    I don't know if the 32 H&R was spec'ed with self defense in mind but I'm pretty sure that was one of the major reasons for the 327.

Oddball timing hurts the 327 probably more than anything. But maybe with the resurgence of carry revolver market it might get some traction.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Have one in LCR form.

Like it alot. It's worth the extra shot and very low recoil practice for the Mrs.

Shoots .32 acp, .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, .32 Mag, and .327 Fed. Mag.

Haven't fired .327 Fed from it. Probably won't.
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-01-19 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Have one in LCR form.

Like it alot. It's worth the extra shot and very low recoil practice for the Mrs.

How's recoil with that one compared to say .38 or .38+P? It shows superior terminal ballistics to those, so I'd still get it over .38, but interested in the recoil difference, if any. Extra rnd, superior TB, less recoil, less weight, sounds like a win.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Have one in LCR form.

I haven't shot a ton of 327 Fed Mag but I've found it more loud than anything. My LCR emits a real sharp high pitched bark with full power ammo.

32 H&R is another matter. A real pussycat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    How's recoil with that one compared to say .38 or .38+P? It shows superior terminal ballistics to those, so I'd still get it over .38, but interested in the recoil difference, if any. Extra rnd, superior TB, less recoil, less weight, sounds like a win.
    Ruger only makes the LCR in 327 as far as I know unlike the 38 LCR vs 357 LCR. My LCR in 38 is noticeably lighter than my 357. Ruger specs show 13.5 oz for the 38 and 17.1 oz for the 357. The 327 is listed at a flat 17 oz.

For a true lightweight I think your only option will be a used Smith.

An SP101 might be a nice choice but obviously probably not for pocket carry.

Last edited by Tokarev; 06-01-19 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder how a GP100 with an aluminium frame would hold up as a 32/327.

Feedback Score
    Haven't fired .327 from it. No reason to.

A hotter .32 mag has blast like a hot .38 but recoils like a light .38.

.32 S&W Long is just plain pleasant. Take a wadcutter minimum .38 load and cut the recoil by 35%!

Not all .32 acp works well. Geco doesnt (misfires) Fiocchi does.

Feedback Score
    Ruger makes the Gp100 and a single action revolver in .327 IIRC. The Single-Seven I think called.

Henry makes a .327 rifle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast