Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VG6 556Gamma brake, thoughts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

VG6 556Gamma brake, thoughts?

What are your thoughts on the VG6 556Gamma brake? Unfortunately I live in a state where flash hiders are illegal on AR’s as I have my BCM configured. I don’t want to get a brake that will increase the barrel length any more than it is with BCM Compensator MOD 0. The VG6 556 appears to be about the size/length of the BCM MOD 0, so I’m considering buying one.

I have two VG6 65 brakes, one on my 6.5Creedmoor and one on my 6.5Grendel but these are 3 chamber brakes and the 556 is a 2 chamber brake. I was wondering how much difference in recoil between a 2 and 3 chamber brake on a 5.56 AR? They seem to work well on my 6.5’s, just wondering how they would work on my 5.56. Thoughts...?

Thanks, Geo
    Last edited by 5.56Geo; 06-01-19 at 18:07.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    I had VG6 and it works well, but I ultimately went with Midwest industries 2 chamber comp which was cheaper than VG6. MI comp isn't smoothly polished like VG6, but I like it more because it only vents to lateral sides. VG6 has vertical vents (upper greater than lower) that can kick up dusts if you shoot in prone position.

Feedback Score
    I like it a lot. Yes the lower side pinholes can kick some dust if you’re that tight to the ground but I see nearly as bad from an open muzzle where I shoot. It is loud, the CAGE device is great to be able to add on when shooting bench or indoor or just to quite it on a line near others.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    my preference is the PA M4-72 for effective brakes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a VG6 Gamma on one of my 16" 516's. I like it a lot. Does a nice job of reducing felt recoil and muzzle rise. It is loud (what brake isn't?). And it's shorter length does look good on a 16" barrel. I also like the apparent quality of the VG6 brakes--very nicely finished.

Feedback Score
    Dude. Shoot what you want, but this brake is marketed toward shooters who actually like super concussive noise/blast, getting their hair blown back with each shot, and cleaning bits of carbon off of their face and arms after a range day. Shoot this brake if you want to alienate those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    my preference is the PA M4-72 for effective brakes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just get the VG6 Gamma.

Feedback Score
    Honestly, my 556 muzzle brakes are more as cosmetic items... And makes featureless ARs look slightly less neutered , compared to a thread protector on the muzzle end.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Also consider linear devices, such as Griffin’s Linear Comp, BRT’s Covert Comp, and KVP’s Linear Comp. Your range neighbors will dislike you less.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Dude. Shoot what you want, but this brake is marketed toward shooters who actually like super concussive noise/blast, getting their hair blown back with each shot, and cleaning bits of carbon off of their face and arms after a range day. Shoot this brake if you want to alienate those around you.
    I shoot only outdoors, at a range where there's lots of space between shooters. no problems. and no complaints from others. blast does not come DIRECTLY rearwards, but off to the sides. but still yet, I wouldn't stand adjacent to the muzzle. that's bad practice anyhows. I use it for 308's and 7.62x39's. I've found it to be more effective than the VG6, I have both. that's why it's my preference.

like you said, shoot what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast