Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VG6 556Gamma brake, thoughts?

Feedback Score
    I appreciate that you capitalized directly, because you are correct. The blast actually goes around and down the sides of the gun, back into your face, and you better not be smiling when you shoot or people will think you ate something with a lot of black pepper in it. Tell me I'm wrong. I'm not saying it's not, on paper, the most effective brake out there. It certainly is. It just absolutely sucks to shoot. Hey, to each their own. Let me know if you want to buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    I shoot only outdoors, at a range where there's lots of space between shooters. no problems. and no complaints from others. blast does not come DIRECTLY rearwards, but off to the sides. but still yet, I wouldn't stand adjacent to the muzzle. that's bad practice anyhows. I use it for 308's and 7.62x39's. I've found it to be more effective than the VG6, I have both. that's why it's my preference.

like you said, shoot what you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    I appreciate that you capitalized directly, because you are correct. The blast actually goes around and down the sides of the gun, back into your face, and you better not be smiling when you shoot or people will think you ate something with a lot of black pepper in it. Tell me I'm wrong. I'm not saying it's not, on paper, the most effective brake out there. It certainly is. It just absolutely sucks to shoot. Hey, to each their own. Let me know if you want to buy another.
    sorry, I just bought 4 more, they were on sale.

I should add, my minimum barrel length is 14.5. not sure if I would use them on a pistol or SBR. and I do make sure my rail is a few inches short of the brake, because that area directly behind the brake for a couple inches does get coated, maybe 3". but "black pepper" in my face or teeth? hasn't happened yet, and I've been using the M4-72 for years.

I could imagine if you had a 5" barrel AR pistol in 308, if that's even possible, and were shooting nose-to-charging-handle, the M4-72 would not be good. nope, I wouldn't want to shoot that. After some thought, I think that if your rail goes right up to the brake, the rail itself could channel some blast down the inside to your face, but like I said, I learned for the M4-72, the rail needs to end before the brake, not at the brake. After all, the rail itself is a tube. with some holes.

for 5.56, I use the LANTAC or the VG6 or SureFire brake. or the M4-72. but not as much benefit to be gained from the smaller round.

Last edited by rpoL98; 06-08-19 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    But when I am at my local outdoor range (angles range), the person next to me usually has something like a 3 chamber Miculek comp that totally emasculate a VG6 comp

Feedback Score
    18" SPR in 5.56 with 15" rail. I'm glad you like the brake. Again, if you need a 5th or 9th, let me know. Matte stainless and in like new condition.

sorry, I just bought 4 more, they were on sale.

I should add, my minimum barrel length is 14.5. not sure if I would use them on a pistol or SBR. and I do make sure my rail is a few inches short of the brake, because that area directly behind the brake for a couple inches does get coated, maybe 3". but "black pepper" in my face or teeth? hasn't happened yet, and I've been using the M4-72 for years.

I could imagine if you had a 5" barrel AR pistol in 308, if that's even possible, and were shooting nose-to-charging-handle, the M4-72 would not be good. nope, I wouldn't want to shoot that. After some thought, I think that if your rail goes right up to the brake, the rail itself could channel some blast down the inside to your face, but like I said, I learned for the M4-72, the rail needs to end before the brake, not at the brake. After all, the rail itself is a tube. with some holes.

for 5.56, I use the LANTAC or the VG6 or SureFire brake. or the M4-72. but not as much benefit to be gained from the smaller round.

Feedback Score
    I'm quietly snickering at the back & forth about the PA M4-72. I bought one for a run-n-gun pistol and am ready to sell it. It works FANTASTIC but I tried it on my 11.5" BCM back in February and am still in concussion protocol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I'm quietly snickering at the back & forth about the PA M4-72. I bought one for a run-n-gun pistol and am ready to sell it. It works FANTASTIC but I tried it on my 11.5" BCM back in February and am still in concussion protocol.
    yeah, I should also add, I always double up on the ear pro. foamies + muffs.

Last edited by rpoL98; 06-07-19 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    Smart move. When I used the brake, I also doubled up on eye pro (glasses and face shield).

yeah, I should also add, I always double up on the ear pro. foamies + muffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12