G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: 77gr OTM or 62gr Bonded

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    How does 223T3 differ from the FBI round? Is it the same projectile but SAAMI spec?
    Same bullet, just loaded as 223 and put into nickel cases which helps distinguish them from the practice rounds. Both are SAAMI spec, just one to 223 spec and one to 5.56 spec.

    And, in my experience, the 223 load is consistently better shooting. The 5.56 loads always seem to add a bit to group size. The LE223T3 seems to be a consistent 1.5-2moa load at 100yds through any of the guns I’ve tried it in. The 5.56 gives me 2.5-3.5 moa at 100yds. This is fine for minute-of-felon, but not quite what I like to see. My personal rifles are 1:7, maybe a 1:8 would be better, but I don’t know.

    I use the 223T3 loads personally and at my department.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    266
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Same bullet, just loaded as 223 and put into nickel cases which helps distinguish them from the practice rounds. Both are SAAMI spec, just one to 223 spec and one to 5.56 spec.

    And, in my experience, the 223 load is consistently better shooting. The 5.56 loads always seem to add a bit to group size. The LE223T3 seems to be a consistent 1.5-2moa load at 100yds through any of the guns Iíve tried it in. The 5.56 gives me 2.5-3.5 moa at 100yds. This is fine for minute-of-felon, but not quite what I like to see. My personal rifles are 1:7, maybe a 1:8 would be better, but I donít know.

    I use the 223T3 loads personally and at my department.
    This post is pretty much right on from what I know. 5.56mm has accuracy issues compared to the 223.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,419
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    How does 223T3 differ from the FBI round? Is it the same projectile but SAAMI spec?
    Yes. I've not shot any of it, but XM556FBIT3 gets around 2.0moa for multiple 10-shot 100y groups for me.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,353
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    This. 77tmk isnt very accurate (2-3moa out of 1.25moa guns) in any gun I've shot it through, but across a livingroom it is a moot point.
    Sounds like you've been having some bad luck with the TMK. The TMK should be shooting only a hair less accurate than the SMK. You would really need higher magnification to see the difference.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,419
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Sounds like you've been having some bad luck with the TMK. The TMK should be shooting only a hair less accurate than the SMK. You would really need higher magnification to see the difference.
    I can tell the difference in 1.5moa and 2.5moa ammo with a 4x optic. Here is a group fired with Gold Dot. I could do this all day, erry day, cold, hot, rain, snow, sun, doesn't matter, with that rifle and NXS 1-4. TMK was the worst performer, tested over multiple range trips, averaging well over 2moa.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Downeast, Maine
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ve actually had very good results with 16” barrels and 77 SMK on Maine deer. Some people will swear by them others will swear at you for using them.
    Last edited by PineRiverOutfitters; 10-26-19 at 08:27. Reason: Typo

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    7,848
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your results with 77 TMKs are surprising, as I see them routinely fly sub-MOA for several hundred yards, and they'll stay on E silhouettes to ~1500 with good wind calls.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,425
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Has anyone done a head to head with 223T3 vs Fusion 62gr?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,150
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PineRiverOutfitters View Post
    I’ve actually had very good results with 16” barrels and 77 SMK on Maine deer. Some people will swear by them others will swear at you for using them.
    SMK's tend to be inconsistent. So you both can be completely right, based on actual experience.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    868
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    And, I think the issue of over-penetration is overblown......And I have not read of any credible accounts of a bullet over penetrating and causing harm.
    There are examples of 55gr surplus ammo killing innocents on different floors of a building, since the 1960’s.

    EDIT: I’m not going to spend any more time on it, but here is the instance that came to mind: Det. Sweeney shooting a .223 round through the floor of an apartment and killing a man in the apartment below.

    https://newspaperarchive.com/bakersf...t-04-1969-p-1/
    Last edited by JediGuy; 10-26-19 at 18:16.
    ďGod doesnít need your good works, but your neighbor does.Ē - Luther

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •