Thread: Looking for a dedicated "K" type suppressor for Sig Rattler

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looking for a dedicated "K" type suppressor for Sig Rattler

I just picked up a Rattler upper to AR conversion kit with the intent of making it a dedicated truck gun. Looking for recommendations on suppressors that would be short and light(er). I intend to keep the Rattler juiced with supersonics.

For your SA: I am currently waiting on my first tax stamp for a DA Sandman K that I intend to put on my grab-n-go 10.3 556 (with DA 556 flash hider end cap) at the house but I have considered picking up another Sandman K (with a 30 cal FH end cap) to run with the truck gun.

I'm well aware that the K styles cans are not the best for decibel reduction. I'm looking for something that I can run just below that pain threshold in a self defense situation. For everyday range use, I have ear pro.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. i'd really be interested in hearing from anyway who has personal experience running the rattler but any input is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For interoperability sake, Sandman S that way you're not stuck if you're in a pinch and you have varying abilities of suppression.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Id check out the vox k with direct thread.
    You could put the keymo adapter on it if you want to swap hosts down the road.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    For interoperability sake, Sandman S that way you're not stuck if you're in a pinch and you have varying abilities of suppression.
    Interoperability isn't so much of a concern as whatever can I go with will more than likely stay on that gun. That being said, after you mentioned the Sandman S, I looked more into it and some users claim bearable sound levels when shooting supers through the rattler. I also saw a guy side by side it with his 10.4" barreled AR and it seemed like if the stock was fully deployed, it might be about the same length as an unsuppressed MK18. For deployment outside of a vehicle, I think the Sandman S might be the best option but because this is a purpose driven platform that needs to be deployable from a bag inside of a vehicle, I'm wondering if the S might be just a tad too long. I'm going to set that one on the back burner though! I do plan on picking on up at some point just haven't really decided if it's a go for the truck gun.
    Last edited by Sugar; 06-03-19 at 04:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Id check out the vox k with direct thread.
    You could put the keymo adapter on it if you want to swap hosts down the road.
    I actually hadn't given too much thought to the EA options. I checked out a comparison between the Vox K and the Sandman K. The Sandman K actually had a slight edge in terms of decibel reduction at the ear. That being said, the Vox K is intriguing since it can be directly threaded to 5/8x24 out of the box and it might provide an even smaller overall footprint on the rattler with similar performance as a sandman k.

Feedback Score
    I will make my usual look at YHM response.

They have very rugged products, a plethora of Qd flash hider and brake options,
    Are consumer friendly,
    And very priced towards personal consumers and not department/unit budgets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I will make my usual look at YHM response.

They have very rugged products, a plethora of Qd flash hider and brake options,
    Are consumer friendly,
    And very priced towards personal consumers and not department/unit budgets.
    I'll be honest. I haven't really considered any of YHM cans. The price points are attractive. Any specific model I should be looking at? Are you a YHM collector?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'll be honest. I haven't really considered any of YHM cans. The price points are attractive. Any specific model I should be looking at? Are you a YHM collector?
    I have 5 with a 6th Pending. The problem is the Rattler is 300BLK and the Turbo & Turbo K are 5.56 cans. That pretty much leaves you with the Resonator...unless you can find an LT or ULT in stock somewhere. Nitro would also work.

But the real problem is the 5.5” barrel you have. YHM doesn’t have anything with that short of a minimum barrel length. Almost everything they have is good down to 10.5” for 5.56 and 8” for 300BLK.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I have 5 with a 6th Pending. The problem is the Rattler is 300BLK and the Turbo & Turbo K are 5.56 cans. That pretty much leaves you with the Resonator...unless you can find an LT or ULT in stock somewhere. Nitro would also work.

But the real problem is the 5.5” barrel you have. YHM doesn’t have anything with that short of a minimum barrel length. Almost everything they have is good down to 10.5” for 5.56 and 8” for 300BLK.
    The Rattler also isn't designed to run incredibly well suppressed, it was made to be unsuppressed.

Looking into a longer suppressor would help with functionality IMO.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The Rattler also isn't designed to run incredibly well suppressed, it was made to be unsuppressed.

Looking into a longer suppressor would help with functionality IMO.
    I can agree that it might not have been designed to run incredibly well suppressed but neither were the M4 series guns and that hasn't stopped anyone for looking for suppressor options. I did read that when SOCOM ordered the 10 kits for testing, they ordered full size and compact suppressors.

The setup i'm looking to put together really isn't intended for a battle rifle setup but more so for a very specific role. A compact backpack/truck gun setup for SD. I don't want to contradict the guns compactness with a longer suppressor. I'm just looking for something to help bring down that concussion and sound to something bearable.

After talking to Tasson at DA yesterday, I think i'm leaning more towards starting the process on another Sandman K.