Built my first pistol upper. I bought a 11.5” Colt Heavy Commando barrel from Arms Unlimited. Came with shaved and pinned FSP gas block from Colt. AU claims this is an FBI HRT overrun.

Went with this barrel because of its reported .069 gas port and accuracy. Also the price was great. Swapped out my unfired 16” barrel from a new 6920 I bought a few years ago...so upper, barrel, and BCG are all Colt.

I wanted a properly gassed rifle for 50/50 suppressor use when I get that. Using a H2 buffer from SOLGW and the Colt buffer spring.

Fired Federal XM 193 and the rounds are ejecting at 2 o’clock about 3-4 feet away with a slight but noticeable ding on the cases from the brass deflector. Fiocchi .223 ejects at 4 o’clock as does Brown Bear .223. No dings.

With an H2 buffer and a .069 gas port I didn’t expect the ejection pattern from the full power ammo. I didn’t have a way to measure the GP when I had the GB off to put the rail on.

Is this normal? Seems like it’s cycling pretty fast with FP ammo for a .069 GP. I understand ejection patterns have a lot of variables. Recoils feels similar to my 16” 6920.

——————————-
Side note- swapped an Aimpoint pro off my other rifle and the first shot from the 11.5 upper was in the X at 50 yards! No need to rezero. Never thought that would happen! Barrel is about 1.5 MOA with a red dot and Geissele trigger