Thread: Taming the 10.5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Taming the 10.5

Probably not your most favored option, but I’d pull the barrel and buy a BA Hanson 10.3. Then you don’t have to introduce any specialty parts to make it run the way you want it to.

My BA Hanson 10.3 is a stupid smooth shooting AR, and is my favorite rifle to shoot. The recoil impulse is smoother than my DD 12.5 and my 11.5. (RIP). I’ve built a lot of AR’s since the 10.3, i.e. DD barreled builds, Centurion Arms 12.5, Noveske builds and it is STILL my best running short barrel AR. Hands down.

Like the rest of my builds it has a normal plain Jane BA 750 lo-pro gas block (non-adjustable of course) and a normal nitride gas tube. Not trying to knock the other solutions presented, but if I can run a standard GB and standard gas tube, and have 100% functionality and a good shooting weapon -that’s my preference. Following the KISS principle. And if I need to swap a gas tube I can grab one of 10 in my parts bin that I paid $13 bucks for. Best of all it’s just a butter smooth shooter. Even with a Troy PDW stock and proprietary buffer and spring that certainly isn’t designed for comfort but portability/maneuverability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 06-02-19 at 22:35.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams