Thread: Unimount Gen 1 vs Gen 2 Non QD

Feedback Score

Unimount Gen 1 vs Gen 2 Non QD

What are the differences between these two 30mm mounts? I did call MI and no one seem to know.

Cheers, SSC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am not sure who you spoke with, but the Gen 2 mounts have two steel cross bolts/ recoil lugs. the Gen 1 version has a bolted in recoil lug.
    The Gen 2 version is the same mount as our QDs with the same one piece, duel bolt clamp. The only thing you are giving up is the QD Levers.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the response. The person I spoke to did not seem to know what I was talking about when I asked about the Lugs. I do have a Gen 1 mount and it has 2 screws per ring and am I correct that another difference is that the Gen 2 has 4 screws per ring?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    Thank you for the response. The person I spoke to did not seem to know what I was talking about when I asked about the Lugs. I do have a Gen 1 mount and it has 2 screws per ring and am I correct that another difference is that the Gen 2 has 4 screws per ring?
    You are correct 4 screws per cap on the gen 2 models .
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    This is exactly the mount I've been looking for. QD a non-factor, horizontally split rings, and not high $2xx territory. Is the Gen 2 "normal" height for mounting a scope to an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    This is exactly the mount I've been looking for. QD a non-factor, horizontally split rings, and not high $2xx territory. Is the Gen 2 "normal" height for mounting a scope to an AR?
    Yes, the height is our standard on these mounts.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Will there be any non-QD 1.93 mounts? Last I checked it was only available in QD.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Will there be any non-QD 1.93 mounts? Last I checked it was only available in QD.
    At this time only QD. We may bring that part into the lineup but not this year.
    Thanks
    Troy
    MI