Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still a few God fearing 1911 guys in the military!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Well, my brother was an Oakland cop. When he finished the academy I gave him a SIG P220 in .45.

When he was a rookie, he and his Field Training Officer responded to a domestic and he was attacked with a knife. One 230-grain Hydra-Shock center-chest on the target ended the fight.
    I'm sure it did, and I've seen one NATO FMJ 124gr center chest end the fight.

The assassination attempt on Reagan put 3 men down, two never got up, and the round that almost killed Reagan bounced off the car and his arm before entering his lung. That was a .22LR.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The Burner grips and S&A magwell lead me to believe he's mighty nostalgic.
    The Novak rear sight that fits in the GI dovetail and overhang the rear of the slide is another trademark of some of the guns used by those people. I believe LAV built a few like that too.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    I'm sure it did, and I've seen one NATO FMJ 124gr center chest end the fight.

The assassination attempt on Reagan put 3 men down, two never got up, and the round that almost killed Reagan bounced off the car and his arm before entering his lung. That was a .22LR.
    Exactly. It goes without saying that almost any round can be devastating based on shot placement. Obviously best practice is to shoot the threat until it’s not longer a threat.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Here's an article about a former Unit member who is building some really nice hard use 1911s.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/p...mt-arms-delta/

https://www.pilotmountainarms.com/on...stol-p99992878

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great article, Sam.

Pat McNamara was Delta Selection and Training Sergeant Major after Brian. He is a Distinguished Pistol Shot as well, and won a Secretary of the Army M1 Trophy Rifle as Novice Champion at his first All-Army Championships.

Greg Coker, the gunship pilot, is a survivor of a surface-to-air missile hit on a Little Bird. The subsequent crash-landing broke his back. Part of his convalescent leave was training at the Army Marksmanship Unit building 3-gun weapons (rifles, carbines, and pistols).

Rob Garrett, author of the article, is a retired Columbus, Georgia (outside Fort Benning) police lieutenant.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Great article, Sam.

Pat McNamara was Delta Selection and Training Sergeant Major after Brian. He is a Distinguished Pistol Shot as well, and won a Secretary of the Army M1 Trophy Rifle as Novice Champion at his first All-Army Championships.

Greg Coker, the gunship pilot, is a survivor of a surface-to-air missile hit on a Little Bird. The subsequent crash-landing broke his back. Part of his convalescent leave was training at the Army Marksmanship Unit building 3-gun weapons (rifles, carbines, and pistols).

Rob Garrett, author of the article, is a retired Columbus, Georgia (outside Fort Benning) police lieutenant.
    Interesting, I didn’t know any of that stuff about Pat. I also didn’t know that we had any birds shot down by SAMs. It doesn’t really surprise me, but I do wonder what percentage of downed aircraft is attributable to guided missiles. That’s also an awesome job to do while in recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I get nostalgic for .45 too and I've seen it work quite well on human beings. But I've actually seen .40 be a lot more effective with a lot more rounds. I liked the G21 but I have a huge hand and it still feels fat.

Anyways 1911s are like extensions of personality. That's not a bad thing but its still a thing. Most people who tote a 1911 either really know what they are doing or they really dont.

JMHO

ETA I would still take a 1911 over a 320 though just on principle alone
    Last edited by Firefly; 06-08-19 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Rob is a friend of mine.

Feedback Score
    Scott Miller is a former Delta commander and a general officer -- they can carry whatever pistol they want as part of their uniform. General Officers are issued an M9 (with the option to buy). He was given a Glock 22 when he left the unit (through the association).

That said, he prefers a 1911, as did Generals Schoomaker and Bargewell.
    Yup, nothing quite like God on earth than a general on a battlefield.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It's cute watching soyboys come into a thread about 1911s and shit on the gun that people literally spend thousands of dollars trying to turn their tupperware into.

Don't get me wrong - the tupperware guns are great and if I were running a police department or military organization, I'd be issuing Glocks.

At the end of the day, though, there are only two types of semi-automatic pistols: 1911s and pistols that aspire to one day be 1911s.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast