Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still a few God fearing 1911 guys in the military!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    While the 1911 will inevitably go the way of antiquity it’s still pretty intriguing to see how wide reaching the applicability of the platform really is after so many decades.

Personally I think the new era 2011 stuff is awesome I just wish the platform was more user-end serviceable overall. Sure you can tinker but building one up is on a entire different level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So many lolz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Let's get back on track guys. The subject of this thread is the old guard still carrying their beloved 1911s. If you prefer something else good for you, start a thread about how much you like something else..
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I still love from the bottom of my heart the 1911 handgun. And clearly many others do as well as shown by guys still donning the 1911 in the desert. If you dont like it, go to your favorite plastic gun thread and chime in on its merits. I do. No handgun brings an admiration of technology and history as does the 1911, they are a thing to behold. God Bless Joseph B.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Let's get back on track guys. The subject of this thread is the old guard still carrying their beloved 1911s. If you prefer something else good for you, start a thread about how much you like something else..
    Good to see it's still an option to carry a 1911. The thing I always wonder for those who still carry and train regularly with them in the military, is if they have any issues getting access to a good armorer who knows how to work on a 1911, and can get adequate parts to follow the 1911 maintenance schedule.

Feedback Score
    Shortly before writing this I did some draws and dry firing on an USPSA target with my timer set to beep again in 1.5 seconds. I was using my steel frame 1911 and from reaction to the first beep, draw and dry fire to the head just under 1.5 second with the sights lined up on the head consistently. I just can't do that with any other pistol. How important would that be on the street is certainly open to debate, but everything being equal I'd rather be quick than dead.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Shot placement, decisive action, .45ACP Colt WITH 230gr. HARDBALLS , drew from concealment - good guy 1 - thug 0. This happened a couple years or so ago about 30 minutes from my office. The pawn shop owner used to shoot IPSC at the same club that I shot, yes it was still being called IPSC, waaaay back when USPSA was in its infancy. I knew who he was, but didn't know him personally. We have mutual friends. He told our mutual friend that he was at the range a day or two prior, doing some shooting. When he was done, leaving the range, he loaded his magazine with ball ammo because he ran out of self defense HP. I guess he figured that he would replenish that when he got back to the store. But he never changed ammo and ended up using the balls.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d88_1483989722

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    1911's are as beautiful, well-crafted, effective, and as appropriate for the modern battlefield as a katana.

Feedback Score
    He seems like a solid guy.
    I only met briefly after I was retired and he pinned on 06 to a friend that had been prior enlisted in his troop in 93.
    Never served under him.

What were the unit 1911 build trigger pulls at? Mid 80s to mid 90s?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    The Army's top-secret Delta Force was another a particular proponent of the design. Miller, perhaps not surprisingly, is a veteran of Delta Force, having served with it in Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan, and Iraq, at least that we know of.
    Serious men carrying a serious gun.
    Last edited by tn1911; 06-10-19 at 21:27.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast