Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USGI 20 round mags

Feedback Score
    Yep. Are those rivets, welds, or maybe something else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure just to be honest, but Colt/Universal Industries and other USGI 20's are made the same way.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-A...-p/sp62103.htm

I doubt you would have problems with either brand.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The rivets only purpose is to hold the steel floor plate retainer tab to the mag body. The mag body itself is one piece and it's spot welded together on the back spine of mag.

Here is a recent thread about the 20 round mags. > https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Wh...gs-/17-740791/
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 06-05-19 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have used Colt, Okay, and NHMTG 20rd Mags for years with great results. I have Brownells 30rd Mags and they work just fine too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    The rivets only purpose is to hold the steel floor plate retainer tab to the mag body. The mag body itself is one piece and it's spot welded together on the back spine of mag.

Here is a recent thread about the 20 round mags. > https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Wh...gs-/17-740791/
    It always make for an interesting review/opinion thread when someone remembers a poster wanting to share their opinion bounces around more than a super ball thrown in a tiny, empty room.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post

WTH that is all wrong, what some are calling rivets are the three spot welds on front of mag which hold it together, the only rivet I have ever seen on a M16 mag is a rivet through the floor plate to keep from removing a mag block on Colt 5 round mags as mentioned.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-05-19 at 15:21.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    With all due respect, that's not accurate. Some brands do have rivets on the front, some have spot welds, and unless we're talking a completely different design, the seam is usually on the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    WTH that is all wrong, what some are calling rivets are the three spot welds on front of mag which hold it together, the only rivet I have ever seen on a M16 mag is a rivet through the floor plate to keep from removing a mag block on Colt 5 round mags as mentioned.
    Edit: Actually, I have to correct myself because the seam can be on the front or rear. I'm just used to seeing a lot of mags with rear seams, so perhaps "usually" wasn't the best term.
    Last edited by tehpwnag3; 06-05-19 at 15:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't understand why the guy in the other thread was having problems. I've been using NHMTG twenties, which are made by Okay, since 2004. Top quality.

Feedback Score
    I use both OKAY and Magpul 20 rounders both work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have piles of Brownells 20’s. I buy 10 packs of both CS and SS spring models, and label them upon receipt. Some of them are a little tight in some of my lowers and don’t drop free empty. One of them is very tight in one of my lowers. The ones they don’t work well in are smaller brands lowers/rifles, not Colt or KAC. But generally, they work well for a decent price. Cycling has been excellent. I mainly use them for training, and I cull the ones that are too sticky for my liking. The vetted ones, I would be comfortable using in a duty rifle, just like my experience with Brownells 30s.

I also just picked up two Gen 3 PMag 20’s, and they work well in every lower, as well as the older gen PMag 20’s I have/had. I’m going to start on a stash of the Gen 3 20s.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast