Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Says He's Ready to Use Nukes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Trump Says He's Ready to Use Nukes

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ty-using-nukes

In a wide-ranging interview with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain, President Trump said that he's ready to press the nuclear button if and when the time comes.

When asked if he would negotiate with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to avoid war, Trump said "Of course. I've said that and he's said that. I know so much about nuclear weapons and I see the horrible damage done. I don't want that."

Morgan then asked Trump if he would press the nuclear button, to which Trump replied: "I think it’s a terrible responsibility but one I’m prepared to handle," adding "I don’t want to have to think about it, but there may be a time when I do have to think about it."
    My take: This is probably just a signal to Iran that he's serious, like when Reagan joked on an open mike that "we begin bombing" Russia in five minutes. But still, I get kind of nervous about the idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nukes are the last resort, but you never admit to never using a weapon in your arsenal otherwise you've just rendered it worthless as both a weapon AND a bargaining tool.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Taking in to consideration bump stocks and now suppressors, has he been meeting with Eric Swalwell?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Taking in to consideration bump stocks and now suppressors, has he been meeting with Eric Swalwell?
    I was gonna nominate him to Trump, as a, "calibrating target."
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think his answer is the best anyone can give. No one wants a nuclear war, but why have them and refuse to consider ever using them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's what all of our adversaries have been trying to get every president since Truman to commit to: "no, I won't use nukes" or at the very least "I won't be the first to use them". Either answer renders the threat useless.

The rest of the world is still mindful that the US still remains the only country to use them. And they view someone as unhinged as Trump (or Ronnie-raygun) as a legitimate threat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Delete- double tap

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree that was about the best or only answer that he could give. But if Obama said it "oh that's just perfect and wise" but since Trump said it, "oh he's such a bellicose neanderthal warmonger ". Pffft....

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Delete- double tap
    I prefer accidental discharge to double tap. LOL

Feedback Score
    I am against EVER using them first. However, I believe that using them in retaliation is a MUST. I don't give a shit what our "conventional" capabilities are, if one is sent our way the offender gets canned sunshine in return. And if it is our civilian population that is targeted, then theirs is too but ten-fold.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast