Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeaaah!
    Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Back when I was in business as eguns.com, I used to pay a hefty sum to them to advertise and sell on their forum*. At that time, it was worth it, as it generated a good amount of traffic. I have not actively been selling in the business since around mid 2013 IIRC. But I still have a bunch of old inventory. I recently asked them if I could list some of it for sale on their forum, explaining the situation: I was no longer actively pursuing business and wanted to just list old inventory to clean out my basement, and would sell a good amount at or below my cost. I am basically selling as a private person though technically, any credit cards would be run through my business account (I still have the LLC as I use it for computer consulting and side iOS programming gigs). They said NOPE, you need to pay the business advertising fee in order to list (right, like I need more costs to sell my stuff at cost or loss). Anyway, I politely declined their offer. I will refrain from saying anything more...

*as I did on M4C, which was also well worth it, as the folks here know what they want and make good customers.
    So, the owners of a website designed to make money off advertising dollars told you that you could not sell your leftover business inventory without paying for advertising. And you are upset about this. Why would they care about the cost at which you sell items? It benefits them not.

If you are truly a private individual, you should just sell your stuff as a private individual. If you are a business selling off business inventory, well then you are a business.

I’m not trying to be a dick. It’s just that you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Assuming Brownell's doesn't know what they're doing is foolish.
    This.

Lets be honest with ourselves... We may not like it, but TOS is absolutely representative of the majority of gun owners. The mindset held here on M4C and a few other smaller forums is a very small percentage of over all gun owners. I'm not saying that's a good thing.. but it's the truth.

Brownells really isn't the company you go to when you need a basic duty grade rifle. They are the place you go to for replacement parts when your budget build shits the bed. They are the place you go to for clone parts and clone rifles. They are the Autozone of firearms parts and accessories. They sell some quality parts, but you will have to dig through mounds of shit to find them.

Honestly, what other area of the internet is more representative of their customer base than TOS? I'd bet the answer to that question is none.

With social media like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. cracking down on anything firearm related, it looks to me like Brownells is thinking ahead and playing the long game. It really is a great marketing strategy for them, and makes complete sense. I bet it pays off for them in the long run. Why go on other social media platforms and hope people see your page and adds (which are likely being suppressed) when you can instead go strait to your target customer base?
    Last edited by Rogue556; 06-08-19 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    So, the owners of a website designed to make money off advertising dollars told you that you could not sell your leftover business inventory without paying for advertising. And you are upset about this. Why would they care about the cost at which you sell items? It benefits them not.

If you are truly a private individual, you should just sell your stuff as a private individual. If you are a business selling off business inventory, well then you are a business.

I’m not trying to be a dick. It’s just that you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
    Thanks for your input. No one is trying to have their cake and eat it to. But thanks, anyway.

I spent a ton of money as an advertiser on that site over time, and now that I am no longer pursuing the business, but trying to empty my basement of old inventory (and only existing old inventory, no reordering, no ongoing concern), I am basically selling as a "private individual" and not an ongoing concern. It is their business to run as they see fit, but as they allow private sales at no charge, I had hoped they would see the situation and allow it, considering the former business relationship and large amount I spent there in the past. They didn't, so I moved on.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    I've never had any issues being a member over on AR15.com and I've been there almost from the beginning.

The AR pistol stuff and parts is parts shenanigans is hard to take though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Thanks for your input. No one is trying to have their cake and eat it to. But thanks, anyway.

I spent a ton of money as an advertiser on that site over time, and now that I am no longer pursuing the business, but trying to empty my basement of old inventory (and only existing old inventory, no reordering, no ongoing concern), I am basically selling as a "private individual" and not an ongoing concern. It is their business to run as they see fit, but as they allow private sales at no charge, I had hoped they would see the situation and allow it, considering the former business relationship and large amount I spent there in the past. They didn't, so I moved on.

If you’re a private seller, why even ask permission to sell your stuff? Why not simply post it for sale?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567