View Poll Results: Knights NT4 or Surefire SOCOM RC(2)

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knights NT4

4 30.77%
  • Surefire SOCOM556-RC

9 69.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knights NT4 vs. Surefire SOCOM RC(2)

Feedback Score

Knights NT4 vs. Surefire SOCOM RC(2)

I am currently building a M4A1 Block 2 clone. I am deciding between Knights NT4 vs Surefire SOCOM RC(2), both are clone correct from what I've gathered. Does anyone have experience with either or both? Which one would you choose?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Surefire is cheaper, lighter, better muzzle devices, and just as tough as the NT4. I would choose the SF every time over the NT4 especially if its going on a M4A1.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Surefire every time. I’ve used both cans on Mil rifles. All the reasons Furbyballer mentioned. NT4 is crazy durable, but outdated and heavy. I don’t remember noticing a significant difference in attenuation, but the Surefire is lighter and has a better mount.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Surefire, as said above. Neither are quiet cans, but they are insanely durable and do a good job at total signature reduction. My experience comes from the .mil issued units and I would select Surefire because of their current technology, weight, and selection of muzzle devices.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll take the nt4 because I dont have to deal with the can getting carbon locked on.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    I'll take the nt4 because I dont have to deal with the can getting carbon locked on.
    NT4 can be a bear to remove, also.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post

Is what you seek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    If people choose Surefire RC2 over NT4 for a block 2 clone, is is the same answer for a can going an a 16" SR15? How about an 11/5" SR15?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    If people choose Surefire RC2 over NT4 for a block 2 clone, is is the same answer for a can going an a 16" SR15? How about an 11/5" SR15?
    Yes. But the mini

A mini NT4 would be cool and if I recall they prototyped one

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Yes. But the mini

A mini NT4 would be cool and if I recall they prototyped one

I remember Jack talking about a NT3, same as the 4 but 3 baffles instead of 4.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast