Thread: Belly Band Carry via ComfortTac

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Belly Band Carry via ComfortTac

Never tried a belly band type CCW. Someone loaned me one to try and what I thought a gimmick is not. It's really comfortable and secure. This one made by ComfortTac and I found a review vid that I agreed with and posted below. My Shield and extra mag was as the most comfortable and easy to conceal set up I have ever used and very secure. No, it's not lighting fast on the draw, but fast enough, and re holstering a bit of a chore, but I can see this being one tool in the tool box of options for concealment.

Only one major drawback that will prevent me from using, and that's heat. I run hot and will sweat quickly. While it would be the perfect option for light shirts and T shirt and such in hot weather, I'd sweat my head off wit that on. I can see using it in cooler weather, at the gym (where i expect to sweat) and so forth. If you don't run hot as I do, may be a great summer option. It is perferated and can be washed, so even of sweaty, not the end of the world.

My loaner suggests I may get one. Lots of others on the market to consider, that's the one I can vouch for.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Looks promising.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Looks promising.
    While not my choice for EDC, I can see plenty of uses. With a sub compact like a Shield, even a normal fitting dark colored T shirt works. Most surprising how dang comfortable it was.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, discomfort carrying in the heat is a major issue for me, too. I just got back from a "fence run" at the ranch and I literally wore my undershirt and my Glock 17 in open carry. I can't see wearing one of those sweatband type holsters in the way it was intended. I keep watching the video seeing how it's handy and works really well for light clothing--but dang--I don't know if it creates problems of its own.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has it got some clinginess/rigidity to it? Tried one of the old school Ace bandage ones with a G17 and by the time it required being very tight to prevent rollover or slipping.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks decent. Dude needs to stop covering his weak hand when re-holstering, lest he plugs himself someday.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have the pistolwear version. Trick is to order smaller holster size than they recommend. I bought a larger one and the gun gets swallowed up by the holster. Bought the smallest one and wear it with a j frame and extra speed strip for runs. It hides under basketball shorts and keeps the gun sweat free. Love it and is less bulky than a kydex or leather holster. I cut the small retension strap with the magnet off as it does nothing and gets in the way of a quicker draw. The tension of the neoprene holds the holster in place nicely. They offer a 10% LEO/MIL discount.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Has it got some clinginess/rigidity to it? Tried one of the old school Ace bandage ones with a G17 and by the time it required being very tight to prevent rollover or slipping.
    Can't be compared to an ace bandage, it seems to stay where needed and holds gun well per vid, even if running, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Looks decent. Dude needs to stop covering his weak hand when re-holstering, lest he plugs himself someday.
    Leave dud a message on his channel as good Samaritan perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I have the pistolwear version. Trick is to order smaller holster size than they recommend. I bought a larger one and the gun gets swallowed up by the holster. Bought the smallest one and wear it with a j frame and extra speed strip for runs. It hides under basketball shorts and keeps the gun sweat free. Love it and is less bulky than a kydex or leather holster. I cut the small retension strap with the magnet off as it does nothing and gets in the way of a quicker draw. The tension of the neoprene holds the holster in place nicely. They offer a 10% LEO/MIL discount.
    This one seems more universal type and fit a Shield and a VP9 well. Smaller or larger, I can't comment. At $20 a pop, hard to go wrong really. Their Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Comfor...1-E72BA5B64046
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll look into it. If I do I hope he takes it well...lol.