Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Larue trigger

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

New Larue trigger

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-1s-trigger/

Hmmm, I guess it's a shot at other mil-spec replacements. For the $80.00 I'll stick with the MBT 2-S.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-1s-trigger/

Hmmm, I guess it's a shot at other mil-spec replacements. For the $80.00 I'll stick with the MBT 2-S.
    On TOS, I read a post from Mark discussing the flat bow version of the MBT 2-S, he said he didn't get why people liked them (or something like that) but had enough requests for them that he figured they would sell. Guessing the same goes for the single stage.

Some people swear by a single stage... now they have one more option.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    At 6 pounds you may as well just jerk through a mil spec trigger?? My fav single stage for an all round rifle is the Wilson TTU. At 4# with no takeup and a quick reset it is perfect for me. Unfortunately you cannot come close to buying one for 80 bucks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Some people swear by a single stage... now they have one more option.
    Honestly I preferred single stage triggers myself but ended up with a bunch of the 2 stage larue triggers as they are a very good trigger for the money. Now I'm used to them. I haven't replaced the few geissele or timney triggers I had with them but I'm not buying anymore unless its not an ar style trigger. My scar has a geissele in it for example.

The only thing I really want to see is the single stage full auto trigger larue was hinting at for my m16a2.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    At 6 pounds you may as well just jerk through a mil spec trigger?? My fav single stage for an all round rifle is the Wilson TTU. At 4# with no takeup and a quick reset it is perfect for me. Unfortunately you cannot come close to buying one for 80 bucks.
    The WC TTU lineup stomps most companies.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Wonder if you could use the lighter spring that comes with the MBT 2S?

I'm by no means a guru of triggers so that might not actually be a good idea.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I didn't notice any increase in weight of trigger pull between the two trigger springs of the MBT. What I did notice was the lack of positive/speed reset between the two springs. My gaming lowers have the heavier springs, my precision slow fire lower has the lighter trigger spring.

Feedback Score
    Like has been said before, I feel like for weight, you might as well use a polished up mil-spec trigger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Wonder if you could use the lighter spring that comes with the MBT 2S?

I'm by no means a guru of triggers so that might not actually be a good idea.

I believe you can. Mark sent out some test units on TOS and some were reporting 3-4LB pull when measured. We will see what the final version is, I know he made a few changes after feedback. he sent the new ones out to the original testers and i will post if i see any reports on springs/pull weights

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Honestly I preferred single stage triggers myself but ended up with a bunch of the 2 stage larue triggers as they are a very good trigger for the money. Now I'm used to them. I haven't replaced the few geissele or timney triggers I had with them but I'm not buying anymore unless its not an ar style trigger. My scar has a geissele in it for example.

The only thing I really want to see is the single stage full auto trigger larue was hinting at for my m16a2.
    I too prefer single stage and have only one MBT-2.....great trigger but I can shoot a mil-spec single stage faster which surprised me quite a bit.....and with a 6# pull I have to agree with all the others who've already said you're better off with a slickered up mil-spec trigger like the BCM, Sionics, ALG for the price

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast