Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Larue trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've read that mil-spec weight is between 5.5 and 9.5. At 6 the LaRue is at the lower end.

Maybe it's because I 'grew up' shooting DA revolvers and DA/SA pistols, but I've always gotten along well with heavier triggers - grit is the issue.

I ordered one to try it before I render a verdict.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just ran the credit card for two MBT2's, because this one has a milspec pull weight. If they would have made a single stage to compete with Geissele SSP or Wilson's TTU than I would have gotten one for sure. A 'match' single stage can be incredible, but the milspec ones have waaayy to long of a lock time to really get them moving fast.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    ... but the milspec ones have waaayy to long of a lock time to really get them moving fast.
    Really? Given an MBT2 and any "mil spec" trigger / hammer combo, what's the difference in lock time? Weight of the hammer, spring rate of the hammer spring and weight of the firing pin are the only factors in lock time. Activation of the trigger and pull weight has nothing to do with lock time unless you're using your own definition of the term or one you found on Wikipedia.

Feedback Score
    Just picked up the new Larue flat bow trigger for my Pistol and so far I like it. I can rip off double taps a little faster now, and my follow up shots feel improved. Really feel like the flat bow triggers were meant for Pistols and SBR type stuff, close quarters in your face training. I’m also running the heavy spring since I feel a heavier trigger fits the pistol assigned task.

Feedback Score
    I have about 6 of MBT triggers there about the same as a Rock River varmint trigger they are better than the Ruger 451 but not as good as my Geissele High Speed National match triggers but a third the price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My MBT 1S arrived yesterday. I got home kind of late tonight from a ride and chilled out by installing it is my dedicated .22 trainer. Used the trigger spring that came on it (light). I don't think it hits 6 pounds, at least I'd be surprised if it did. Just starting pressing and all of a sudden, click. No creep, no grit, just a glass rod breaking. Reset is okay - as far as I could tell from dry-firing, feels like maybe the heavier spring would make a difference. I'll swap the lower onto a rifle upper and try to get out tomorrow if I can.

Two things 1) LaRue must be running out of SWAG - nothing extra in my box except a UDE hat which I paid for. 2) I've been spoiled by the MBT 2's having the disconnector held in place, the MBT 1S doesn't, not a big deal but it took me a second to find my slave pin.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    What is it about flat triggers that makes your training more hardcore?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe7757 View Post
    Just picked up the new Larue flat bow trigger for my Pistol and so far I like it. I can rip off double taps a little faster now, and my follow up shots feel improved. Really feel like the flat bow triggers were meant for Pistols and SBR type stuff, close quarters in your face training. I’m also running the heavy spring since I feel a heavier trigger fits the pistol assigned task.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Triggers are now showing as $80, down from 87.

https://www.larue.com/category/parts...arts/triggers/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    With the lighter spring any issues with light primer strikes? Bought the 2 stage with normal bow. I see they are making a heavier spring now as an option.

Feedback Score
    The hammer spring stays the same so it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    With the lighter spring any issues with light primer strikes? Bought the 2 stage with normal bow. I see they are making a heavier spring now as an option.
    ETA: My 2S came with both trigger springs. Not yours?
    Last edited by tehpwnag3; 06-21-19 at 12:59.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12