Thread: Aftermarket Hi-Cap Glock mags & reliability.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Aftermarket Hi-Cap Glock mags & reliability.

Getting my first AR / Pistol caliber set up & was hoping for some feedback on what to get / avoid for the non OEM mags. Placed an order for a CMMG Banshee in 45ACP & best I can tell the largest 45 mag Glock offers is 13 rounds. I am seeing some 26 rounders via aftermarket but wanted to hear some real life opinions if you would trust them beyond range use or could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Stay away from KCI or SG mags if you're looking for reliability. Great for practicing malfunction drills but not much else.
    I ended up just getting some G21 13rd mags and ordering the KRISS mag extensions. Yes the extensions can cost more than the mags them selves but the combo works well. If you look around you can find them for $25ea before shipping.
    Last edited by BigSam; 06-06-19 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SGM Tact Gen 2, no problems what so ever... if your patience ETS is coming out with hi-cap mags by fall.

Feedback Score
    ETS should be good to go when they are made available...…...I have a couple of their 9mm 22 rounders and have had zero issues out of my QC 10 9mm Glock lower...………..

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Glock factory mags are some of the cheapest available, I just stick with those.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I used to run an SGM hi cap .45 mag in a Just Right gen 2 carbine, ran OK but the JR carbine bolt seemed to outrun the mag. So I swapped the spring for a Kriss mag spring which was a lot stronger. That ran better but the SGM steel liner was nowhere as strong as the factory Glock mag liner. After a while the feed lips would spread.

It’s gone, replaced it with a TNW 10mm carbine, and now I’m looking for a hi cap 10mm option. The Kriss 10mm extension kit looks like a better option, but I’ve read multiple complaints of the follower snagging on the transition between the extension and the factory Glock mag in both .45s and 10mms.

I know a lot of people like ETS but I bought a 20 something round ETS 9mm mag and after multiple jams from a sticky follower it went in the trash. My crappy old KCI mags ran better than that.