Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy Front BUIS...not really secure when down

Feedback Score

Troy Front BUIS...not really secure when down

Just picked up a set of Troy BUIS on sale for a new build. I’ve never owned one if their front sights. When I attached it it’s doesn't seem to securely lay flat. Is this normal? Seems very easy to knock and flip up...not this is a horrible thing but curious if I got a dud.

On a side note, the rear adjustment knobs don’t really clear a Geissele charging handle
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, the windage knob on the rear Troy sight will touch the Geissele SCH when folded down. It’ll cause some cosmetic wear but doesn’t affect function, so it’s up to you whether that’s acceptable. The Magpul MBUS Pro LR also interferes with the Geissele SCH, but in a different location.

The Troy folding front doesn’t lock in the down position but there’s a detent that prevents it from flopping around. It should definitely fold flat against the rail.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Just picked up a set of Troy BUIS on sale for a new build. I’ve never owned one if their front sights. When I attached it it’s doesn't seem to securely lay flat. Is this normal? Seems very easy to knock and flip up...not this is a horrible thing but curious if I got a dud.

On a side note, the rear adjustment knobs don’t really clear a Geissele charging handle
    I own quite a few of these and have never experienced anything similar to what you're describing. IMO it would definitely take a specific desired action to deploy the front (or rear) sight definitely not something that would get knocked into the upposition

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    I own quite a few of these and have never experienced anything similar to what you're describing. IMO it would definitely take a specific desired action to deploy the front (or rear) sight definitely not something that would get knocked into the upposition
    It definitely doesn’t feel like any detent. There is resistance so it’s not flopping around but it definitely doesn’t feel that secure. Wondering if I should call Troy or the company I bought it from
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, call the vendor or Troy, something is not right. Mine is very stable and secure when folded.

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Theres a reason I dont buy these trash BUISs anymore. Look in the 2 holes of the pivoting drum, there should be 2 silver detents there, if not then they fell out and you'll have to send them back. I suggest picking up a KAC or Magpul instead if you must have a BUIS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    i have about a half dozen of these. in the down-state, yes they don't lay down perfectly flat, maybe 1/16" off the rail. I can push it down to lay flat on the rail, but as soon as I release my thumb, it comes back up to the "air gap" position. But they do stay down, not flopping around up-and-down like a flag in the wind when you're running around or whipping it, if that's what yours is doing. so they're secure, at least mine are, mine do lock down with an audible tactile click detent. with the rail covers on the upper pic rail, they lay flat on that.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 06-12-19 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a set and the front is nice and snug. Hate to say it but you may have fakes. Especially if you bought them on ebay or Amazon. Best way to find out for sure is to contact Troy.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Theres a reason I dont buy these trash BUISs anymore. Look in the 2 holes of the pivoting drum, there should be 2 silver detents there, if not then they fell out and you'll have to send them back. I suggest picking up a KAC or Magpul instead if you must have a BUIS.
    Easy. Easy Dude;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbEucjsNFU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast