Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy Front BUIS...not really secure when down

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    i have about a half dozen of these. in the down-state, yes they don't lay down perfectly flat, maybe 1/16" off the rail. I can push it down to lay flat on the rail, but as soon as I release my thumb, it comes back up to the "air gap" position. But they do stay down, not flopping around up-and-down like a flag in the wind when you're running around or whipping it, if that's what yours is doing. so they're secure, at least mine are, mine do lock down with an audible tactile click detent. with the rail covers on the upper pic rail, they lay flat on that.
    They are like you describe but without a audible click on the down position. Bought them from AIM so I hope they are legit.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not sure anymore if we are supposed to bump old threads that are relevant to a question, or start a new thread. Seems folks get a slap on the wrist either way.

Anyway, OldState, did you get any resolution on this?

I just got two sets of Troys from BCM, marked as BCM.

Both rears do exactly what you described. They fold down and stay down due to friction, but there is no detent in the down position and it's relatively easy to brush the rifle down your shirt when carrying and pop the rear up.

I'm hoping for some clarification on whether this is normal for Troys. If so I do not like them, but will not bother BCM about it, and will just sell them.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I'm not sure anymore if we are supposed to bump old threads that are relevant to a question, or start a new thread. Seems folks get a slap on the wrist either way.

Anyway, OldState, did you get any resolution on this?

I just got two sets of Troys from BCM, marked as BCM.

Both rears do exactly what you described. They fold down and stay down due to friction, but there is no detent in the down position and it's relatively easy to brush the rifle down your shirt when carrying and pop the rear up.

I'm hoping for some clarification on whether this is normal for Troys. If so I do not like them, but will not bother BCM about it, and will just sell them.
    Grizzle, I have a BCM rear that stays down essentially all the time. I thought it “clicked” when down but will check this evening.

Feedback Score
    I have two set of Troy buis. One lays flat and one has the air gap. I think you purchased these from a aim surplus? The one set is where I purchased the air gap set. There was a thread awhile ago that anybody purchasing from the same vendor was having the same problem. Don’t know if they are seconds.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    It feels like my BCM/Troy has a detent or “something.” There is an audible click when placed in the down position. It is easy enough to raise, but it isn’t just flopping around.

Feedback Score
    Checked all of mine and they have a detent that clicks when folded. Front and rear.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    I own quite a few of these and have never experienced anything similar to what you're describing. IMO it would definitely take a specific desired action to deploy the front (or rear) sight definitely not something that would get knocked into the upposition
    Same here I have probably eight sets of Troy. Front stays down well and lays flat. Hope you didn't get some Chinese knock off. Troy sights have been around quite a number of years. I still like them better than the Magpul Pro. I prefer the sight locks in the up position and I like the HK like Troy front sight better too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12