Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR918 Glock 19 Clone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I wish you could buy a parts kits and put it together yourself.
    Shadow Systems sells quite a few parts. Not the exact same thing as the MR918 but they do have some different options as far as barrels and slides and stuff.

I assume they will sell stripped frames once the initial demand for complete pistols dies down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was out this morning goofing around a bit at 15 and 25 yards. I was finishing off what remained of a batch of 150gr RNL loaded with 3.2gr of Titegroup.

The gun seems to shoot about right, elevation-wise, at 25 yards with the heavier stuff. As mentioned, the sights are excellent. Easy to see and use with good light bars on both sides of the front sight.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brokos working an MR918

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm attending a Gabe White pistol class this weekend and have been running my MR918. No issues to report with the gun. The trigger is good. Repeatable and predictable. I've had a couple instances where my support hand has interfered with the slide stop. And the gun shoots a little high for me if I sort of let my concentration wander. Both are not uncommon for me with Glocks.

We ran a number of fairly low round count drills this morning but the drills got a bit more intense later on. Total rounds fired at any one time was about sixty rounds.

I haven't noticed any heat issues at all with the frame. I am running the gun with a TLR-7 attached and wonder if the light isn't acting like a heat sink. The slide has gotten pretty toasty but not the frame. Not that I've found anyway.

More tomorrow. But so far no issues related to the gun itself.

I did pull my Sokol Hi-Power out for the last two drills. The gun feels "round" after shooting the Glock copy all day. Good times!

Feedback Score
    At my local gun club another member has been shooting one and he brags about how well it shoots and it certainly seems to in the matches we have shot together. I'm about afraid to ask him to let me shoot a few rounds through it as it will make me want to buy one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Confirmed via bookface as well as a phone call; they are working on a full-sized pistol. It should be on the market next year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...Be5XoiNRm-xq-s

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Full size pistols are appetizing.

Im not a huge fan of G19 sized pistols but I can appreciate their existence.

So, who in here has a super high round count pistol? I'm curious to see if these things are going to stand the test of time.
    Last edited by Magsz; 12-26-19 at 22:12.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Full size pistols are appetizing.

Im not a huge fan of G19 sized pistols but I can appreciate their existence.

So, who in here has a super high round count pistol? I'm curious to see if these things are going to stand the test of time.
    Not meaning to be a dick but what is your definition of super high round count?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I decided it was time to get rid of the 124gr HST I've been carrying around in this gun for about six months. I replaced it with 147gr +P.

It was only 31 rounds of 124 followed by a few rounds of 147 to verify point of aim at 25 yards but I continue to be pleased and impressed with my MR918.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast