Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR918 Glock 19 Clone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I spoke to Shadow today about my replacing the slide release and mag release. No problems with warranty or anything else. They said replacing the barrel or trigger or some other part that is directly related to the internal workings of the gun can void the warranty if those parts cause issues. They were very nice about everything and It didn't sound like there would be much of an issue in the event of a warranty claim. He said they did a Shit ton of testing with these so they are pretty confident in them.

I'm just gonna run the crap out of mine and see what happens. Whats the worst thing, I have to get it warrantied and carry a regular glock again...

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have an old leather Bianchi IWB that fits the Nomad but it won't fit in the few Glock kydex holsters I have. It will, however, fit in a Safariland duty holster that's made for a Glock 19 with a TLR-1.
    On a related note; JM Custom Kydex out of Nevada is making holsters for the Nomad. I have one of their IWB holsters for a Browning Hi-Power and have been happy with it.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    He said they did a Shit ton of testing with these so they are pretty confident in them.
    That's good news. Did he mention anything about drop testing? I wonder how durable the frame material is. It feels solid and doesn't really have any "give" like the Glock frame material. Not that it is a huge concern but I wonder how brittle the frame will become in extreme cold.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well nothing to report about yesterdays training session with the MR. 645 rounds fired, and nothing other than plain ole boring reliability. To date I have just over 900 rounds through my MR918 with out any failures. Several folks got to shoot it yesterday and all remarked on how much they liked the way the pistol shot. One thing to note, this pistol didn't get very dirty during the 900 plus rounds. I have not cleaned it since new, and last night was the first time I finally gave it a cleaning.

I took the pistol down, and just wiped off the major components, to look for any abnormal wear patterns or issues. The images below are from just a general wipe down, not a thorough cleaning. That came after the pics. Everything looked normal, and there was very little wear, At least no more than your average Gen 5 gun. At this point the MR has proven GTG so I have placed it into my On/Off duty carry rotation. I'll continue to monitor it's progression and if anything develops I'll report. I am extremely impressed and very happy with the performance displayed by the MR918.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some pretty good propaganda on the various slide serrations Shadow Systems uses:

https://youtu.be/XBoKZEpJnvo

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Does anyone in this thread have a financial interest in this company?

Because it feels like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Not me. Just really surprised at the thought and attention to detail that seems to have gone into the 918.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

None here either, just some super nice folks when I have talked with them. As Tok has said, they payed a lot of attention to details when they designed and built this gun.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looking back we do seem to be rather sycophantic.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wish you could buy a parts kits and put it together yourself.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast